It all got even worse after upgrading to high-end system (6700k)
Hey guys,

after I tried to run some two games (Woody Woodpecker and The Sims Urbz (don't ask, gf Wink )) on my old Phenom II 1090T and it had horrible performance, I decided to finally take the step after 5 years and get a good Intel CPU.

Now, with these specs:

i7 6700k
MSI GTX 970 OC
16GB DDR4 RAM
ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming/Aura motherboard
Windows 10

I'm sitting in front of a machine that is ultimately bored when confronted with Woody Woodpecker (the CPU and GPU show at most 40% activity) but still can't manage to run the game without lags. The emulation window shows I'm having 100% speed with 50 FPS but in reality the game runs in 10-20FPS, totally unplayable (on the wiki it's listed as playable on 300% speed and 50FPS). Actually exactly the same performance as on the old CPU. Sims Urbz doesn't even startup anymore which it did on the old system.

Nothing is even coming close to any throttling limits so that can't be the issue. It doesn't make a difference if I use AVX2, AVX or SSE41, all have the same performance. It strikes me as really strange.

PCSX2 version 1.4.0
I'm on hardware rendering since I've heard of software rendering issues with Skylake before, still software rendering shows the same results.

I'm also trying to run both of them as iso files.

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored links

are you using default pcsx2 settings ?

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I only tried switching between the virtualization technologies (AVX, AVX2 and SSE41) and between the presets (Safest, Safe, Balanced yielded the same results, with Aggressive it started to even get worse).

I added the log file. Even though I watched the log while playing and it logged nothing new when the lag started, only when I loaded and closed the game.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 9,27 KB / Downloads: 152)
Quote:isoFile open ok: F:\Users\Admin\Downloads\Spiele\PS2\Woody Woodpecker (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es,It)\Woody Woodpecker.iso

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go