Itadaki Street Special boards are only black shadows, need a 1.7 specific fix
I'm having trouble with that one glitch in Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Special  that makes the board invisible and only black shadows. I'm on a Mac, and I'm using the macOS 1.7 Dev 2021-11-21 build of PCSX2.

Previous threads have a fix for this glitch in older versions of PCSX2, but since it's a 1.7 version of PCSX2, my version doesn't have plugins, a Misc menu, or many of the other things used these fixes. So, they are useless to me. Is there a step-by-step way to fix this glitch that works on 1.7?

Note: when talking about this with other people, they suggested editing the GameIndex.yaml or GameIndex.dbf file in the root of the PCSX2 directory to contain a patch for the game:

Code:
SLPM-65797:
  name: "Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street"
  region: "NTSC-J"
  compat: 5
  patches:
    86A135CB:
      content: |-
        author=refraction
        // Game seems to have problems with alpha values being zero in some instances
        // this patches the results from FPU to be an alpha of 2
        // Fixes missing board
        patch=1,EE,00143CBC,word,3C030200
        patch=1,EE,00143CC0,word,00831825

OR

---------------------------------------------
Serial = SLPM-65797
Name  = Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street
Region = NTSC-J
Compat = 5
[patches = 86A135CB]
comment=Fixes missing board (Patch by refraction)
patch=1,EE,00143CBC,word,3C030200
    patch=1,EE,00143CC0,word,00831825
[/patches]
---------------------------------------------

My version of PCSX2 lacked both of these files, and when I placed them in the root of the PCSX2 folder and made these edits, nothing happened and the problem was not fixed.

Sponsored links

On macOS, right click on PCSX2.app and choose Show Package Contents. GameIndex.yaml is in Contents/Resources