Its time... 360 controller help
I have the controller and me and this baby are pretty intimate Smile we had alot of problems until the old girl warmed up to me.

Ok, first off what controller do you have?

The REgular Wired USB controller? or the Wireless one?

plug in your controller and check your device manager for any drivers that are not working properly they should have a x icon next to them (something like that) If you have no bad drivers find your XBOX360 driver under Either "microsfot common controller" or " human interface"

Uninstall the driver, unplug controller, then restart computer.

Then plug the controller back and windows should install the drivers automatically.

Then go into your game controllers under control panel should be called "game controllers" or "devices" or "devices and printers"
the controller should be in there. right click, go to properties and calibrate the controller.

Once you know the controller is working go back into PCSX2 and try to set your controls to see if they map properly

open lilipad config click on PAD 1 - click Square or anything and hit a button on the controller.

it should work and map.

try all the above and come back and let me know what ya got.

EDIT: ALso change your USB slot. Some USB ports dont have the power to run the controller. Depends on how old the computer is and if it is a Addon USB device

usually go for a hardwired connection. one that is on the motherboard not a usb port you hooked up to the front bezel of your computer case.

i know, sounds wierd but I have a External harddrive that is like that. wont work on ports on front but will work on the back ports. Has something to do with power going through..

anyway, i hope you get it figured out.

It should light up or start to blink.

EDIT EDIT:

also.. if its the wired controller there should be a connector that seperates the wire and the usb plug. make sure that is secure and plugged in all the way

ok, well.. once again

hope this helps

Sponsored links

I guess I'm slow. I do indeed have a wireless controller connected though usb. So does this mean I need a Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows?? I do don't I. I guess I'll be buying me one first thing in the morning.

everyone said wired, wired, "wired" and I kept saying to myself it is wired though my usb connection. But it is indeed a wireless controller..... in a way, this is everyone elses fault for not being clear Tongue

so yea, I need a wireless receiver for windows......

edit - this thing
Windows 7 - Asus G73jh-a1 - 17-720qm @ 1.6 GHz (2.8 GHz)(2.4ghz)(1.73ghz) - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 @ 700/1000 (sometimes oc to 800/1100) - 8 gig ram
Xellon your confusing the hell outa me.

Ok.. There is a package you can buy that is wireless for the PC.
Then there is a Wired controller for the pc.

AND then there is the wireless controler for the Xbox360

The wired controller will work
The wireless controller with the gaming reciever will work
The wireless xbox controller with no reciever will not work.

.. what exactly were you doing? lol I mean if its not wired and you dont have the reciever how did you expect to connect it to the pc?

no offense Xellon im just curious
I have a 360 controller (wireless), and the reciever. I've had minor problems in the past when connecting with only the usb cable (PC games I think, been a whileSmile). I've read the non-wireless controllers work better for plugging in directly.

I also have "the disc". I works the same as the downloadable driver, only not up to date.
I have used the xbox controller, and I am currently using a joypad which uses the same driver. it's called something like: Xinput common controller.
I'll see if I can dig up a link.

EDIT: Oops, didn't read the post where you said you had a wireless controller. In that case you'll have to have a receiver, yeah =/
(06-28-2010, 03:29 AM)Malebolge Wrote: Xellon your confusing the hell outa me.

Ok.. There is a package you can buy that is wireless for the PC.
Then there is a Wired controller for the pc.

AND then there is the wireless controler for the Xbox360

The wired controller will work
The wireless controller with the gaming reciever will work
The wireless xbox controller with no reciever will not work.

.. what exactly were you doing? lol I mean if its not wired and you dont have the reciever how did you expect to connect it to the pc?

no offense Xellon im just curious

lol, I confused the crap out of myself too. I was indeed using a wireless controller without a receiver which is why it wasn't working for me.

I kept saying to myself it was wired because of the detachable usb cord that came with it. It took me to notice that I was mistaken when my brother told me I needed a controller that was wired (one that couldn't be detached from the controller).

Ok, I got it. Like I said, I was just slow at realizing it Blush
Windows 7 - Asus G73jh-a1 - 17-720qm @ 1.6 GHz (2.8 GHz)(2.4ghz)(1.73ghz) - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 @ 700/1000 (sometimes oc to 800/1100) - 8 gig ram
one main problem I faced was pressure sensitivity with xbox 360 controller.

is there a way to make it work again.
for example in metal gear solid 3. you can choke enemy and hold him as hostage if you half press button, or break his neck if you press it fully.

only way I can do that is by assigning those buttons to shoulder buttons since they are pressure sensitive. if so then how.

also is there better options?