JAK 3
Hello,

I would like to report that JAK 3/NTSC finally works in the latest svn build 1736!
Only problems are some textures are missing, and the eyes of the characters are missing sometimes...

but the game loads perfectly, I played for at least 3 hours without a single crash

Sponsored links

(01-30-2010, 05:01 PM)starfight Wrote: Hello,

I would like to report that JAK 3/NTSC finally works in the latest svn build 1736!
Only problems are some textures are missing, and the eyes of the characters are missing sometimes...

but the game loads perfectly, I played for at least 3 hours without a single crash

What about the latest beta r1888 and the latest plugins available to download in the Download Section ? Did you try it ?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/forum-71.html <--- Here, look for the installer and then the Plugins and see if it runs better or it is the same. Im interested on getting this game to. Might look for it on Ebay or something.
And btw, what are your system specs ?
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
All three Jak games seem to work fairly well on PCSX2 beta 1888.

Jak 1-
Almost perfect, minor problems with the shadows and character eyes being black. Perfectly playable, full speed on my PC. No freezing or anything.

Jak 2-
Slower for me, same shadow and eye glitches as first one, has some weird discoloring of some of the characters' hair. I can't get this to run full speed on my pc, but whatever, it should work well enough on a decent one. One weird thing is that if you don't boot the game through the bios, it always defaults in Japanese, both text and voices. Booting it through the bios, an american bios, fixes this.

Jak 3-
Pretty much identical to Jak 2 in every way.

I play this with the latest official GSdx SSE2 plugin. I also use all speedhacks (and VU stealing from the second to highest setting), my GPU is pretty weak, and i play on native resolution. The speed hacks have had no negative consequences thus far, and i tested the games without them to make sure the glitches and bugs weren't caused by speedhacks. Seems they aren't.

But all 3 games seem perfectly playable. Jak 1 works fairly well even on slower systems. Jak 2 and 3 need stronger PC's.
System- Custom Build
CPU- Intel Core i5 4670K @4.2ghz
Memory- 8GB DDR3
Video Card- EVGA Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
OS- Windows 10 Pro x64
(01-30-2010, 06:41 PM)Granville Wrote: All three Jak games seem to work fairly well on PCSX2 beta 1888.

Jak 1-
Almost perfect, minor problems with the shadows and character eyes being black. Perfectly playable, full speed on my PC. No freezing or anything.

Jak 2-
Slower for me, same shadow and eye glitches as first one, has some weird discoloring of some of the characters' hair. I can't get this to run full speed on my pc, but whatever, it should work well enough on a decent one. One weird thing is that if you don't boot the game through the bios, it always defaults in Japanese, both text and voices. Booting it through the bios, an american bios, fixes this.

Jak 3-
Pretty much identical to Jak 2 in every way.

I play this with the latest official GSdx SSE2 plugin. I also use all speedhacks (and VU stealing from the second to highest setting), my GPU is pretty weak, and i play on native resolution. The speed hacks have had no negative consequences thus far, and i tested the games without them to make sure the glitches and bugs weren't caused by speedhacks. Seems they aren't.

But all 3 games seem perfectly playable. Jak 1 works fairly well even on slower systems. Jak 2 and 3 need stronger PC's.

That's some great news. Thanks for the answer .
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
(01-30-2010, 06:41 PM)Granville Wrote: Jak 1-

I can vouch for the game working correctly with shadow and eye glitches. The game does have moments of slowdown to about 20 frames. I have tried all speedhacks and D3D res doesn't make any noticeable difference.

core2 duo e7500 (2.9 overclocked 3.4)
2gig ddr3
250gts
Your CPU is a fair bit faster than mine, and your GPU is probably a lot better. Yet, i have managed to get it working 60fps constantly in Jak 1 by setting VU cycle stealing to the second to last setting. I know this option can break games, but so far, speedhacks have had no effect on this game thus far. I've got them all one, running at native resolution, and it runs fine. Just don't set VU stealing up all the way, that will give you some annoying frameskipping which isn't even necessary. You can run it smoothly at the second to last setting. Of course, i'm limited to native res thanks to my poor GPU.
System- Custom Build
CPU- Intel Core i5 4670K @4.2ghz
Memory- 8GB DDR3
Video Card- EVGA Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
OS- Windows 10 Pro x64
Jak 3 just plain crashes my emulator. I make it to frame 210 or sometimes 211, and it just goes not responding. I have an i7 920 at 3ghz and a Radeon 4850. I have GSdx 890 SSSE3 0.1.14 running at 1280x720 +vsync and texture filtering. The only game I can run at 60fps is Final Fantasy X, all other (Ratchet and Clank 2 and 3, Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3, Gran Turismo 4) emulate at 50%...Any ideas?
Did you even read this thread? You need beta 1888 to run it.
[Image: newsig.jpg]