JAK II CRASHING
(09-28-2023, 08:25 PM)jesalvein Wrote: can you enable the osd and post a screenshot of the percents when it's slow ?

like this?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

You didn't reset settings to default, else, internal Res wouldnt be this.
Lower upscaling. Your GPU is dtruggling
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-28-2023, 08:55 PM)jesalvein Wrote: You didn't reset settings to default, else, internal Res wouldnt be this.
Lower upscaling. Your GPU is dtruggling

How do I do that?
(09-28-2023, 08:57 PM)[email protected] Wrote: How do I do that?

[Image: 1695929075-sans-titre.png]
(09-28-2023, 09:24 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [Image: 1695929075-sans-titre.png]
Ok cool it's working and slightly slows down every now and then, but every game i start is now in german
(09-29-2023, 12:31 AM)[email protected] Wrote: Ok cool it's working and slightly slows down every now and then, but every game i start is now in german

Nope never mind i spoke to soon, this game slows down a-lot when i look at certain things. Like one moment ill be running in one direction and it runs nice 60fps and then i look behind me and all of a sudden frames are dropping like dominoes
(09-29-2023, 12:42 AM)[email protected] Wrote: Nope never mind i spoke to soon, this game slows down a-lot when i look at certain things. Like one moment ill be running in one direction and it runs nice 60fps and then i look behind me and all of a sudden frames are dropping like dominoes

omg every time im in this room the game goes so slow what do i do

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

At night in the city the game runs horribly too
basically, a macbook isn't made for gaming
so, what you can try is ticking "spin gpu during readbacks "on my screenshot

but it's probably your last bet before you get back to your real PS2 console
I have the same hardware as the OP and the same problems with Jak II (PAL version), the solution I found is to set "Renderer" to "Software", leaving all other options to the default values.
Picture quality is very low as you cannot set the internal resolution, but the game is playable (for the first few missions at least).

I played Ratchet & Clank 1, 2, 3 and Jak & Daxter with hardware ("Automatic" option) renderer and 3x internal resolution with no problem at all, it's strange that the M1 GPU is struggling even at 1x resolution when playing Jak II.  Blink