Jak And Daxter The Lost Frontier isn't working because...
...because of a bug with pcsx2.
It's not on some special version of pcsx2,it won't run on any pcsx2 version.
The problem is that the game SYSTEM.CNF contains characters that are not normally seen in SYSTEM.CNF files.The emu just crash immediately if I try to run the game from disk or image(it only loads till it find what kind of disk I'm trying to run and 0.9.6 says that this is not a PS2 game)

If I rebuild the ISO(and edit the SYSTEM.CNF)the game is running without any problems...and btw I tried to open the game elf inside the disk but it still crash

Sponsored links

Please post an attachment of the original SYSTEM.CNF file. Thanks. Smile
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Something like file encrypted then. This is an interesting info.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(11-05-2009, 06:26 PM)Air Wrote: Please post an attachment of the original SYSTEM.CNF file. Thanks. Smile

Here.

(11-05-2009, 06:33 PM)Register Wrote: Something like file encrypted then. This is an interesting info.

No it's just dots(in hex...zeros)

Attached Files
.rar   SYSTEM.CNF.rar (Size: 175 bytes / Downloads: 568)
if you can quite easily make the game playble in the emulator,
it possible the "changes" to play the game will be available in the new Beta version?
(11-05-2009, 07:07 PM)Emulatong Wrote: if you can quite easily make the game playble in the emulator,
it possible the "changes" to play the game will be available in the new Beta version?

I don't know if the game is Playable but it didn't crash after I edit the cnf and played for 5-10 minutes.

It just have to be fixed how pcsx2 read this file...probably it will be fixed and added to the beta but not as special fix for this game but a fix for the cnf reader of the emu because the problem here is not the game but the cnf reader of the emu
Is it possible for you to upload the modified file? I assume I would just open up the iso with winrar then replace the file in there.
Heh, yeah this is a really easy fix. The CNF file is simply padded to 32k, and the (ancient!) PCSX2 ELF loader reads the whole file into a 256 character buffer. Translation: memory destruction. Tongue2

A comment even says:

Code:
char buffer[256];    // if the file is longer... it should be shorter! :D

By total coincidence I just started fixing up a bunch of CDVD code this morning, and this was one of the things I'd already worked on fixing in my local 0.9.7 head revision.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Glad to hear that progress, perhaps that way can increase compatibility pcsx2 program for reading in games, we hope.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(11-06-2009, 01:04 AM)Vazel Wrote: Is it possible for you to upload the modified file? I assume I would just open up the iso with winrar then replace the file in there.

I could but I'm 99% sure(I never say 100% till I try it myself)that the ISO wont work at all after that.You can rebuild the game with Xpert and fixing the game is really easy.
1.Start Xpert and choose the PS2 CdDvd5/PSP UDM ISO Shrinker
2.Select the ISO and use the buttons above(1,2,3,4)
3.Before clicking on 3
4.Remove the Read-Only attribute of the SYSTEM.CNF
5.Drag-Drop the file to Notepad(for example)
6.Delete everything below VMODE(A LOT of dost)and save the file.
7.Continue with 3 and 4 and that's all.