Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy Hideous Framerate
So, I'll make this short and sweet.

I'm very new to PCSX2 and it's unlikely I'll be playing any other games on it, but I got it specifically so I could emulate one of my most nostalgic games, J&D: The Precursor Legacy. I've fixed the bad shadows, and I don't really care about the eyes, but the framerate is absolutely HORRIBLE. It drops to 20-10 at times when particularly big scenes come in and random speed-ups/slowdowns in voice and sound effects are grating to listen to. It's nearly impossible to play and the sounds are just... ugh.

Here are some pictures of my sys specs and what I'm running PCSX2 with:

[Image: 8227f1afea.png]
[Image: 62d3f767e3.png]
[Image: 3898a40446.png]
[Image: b521fd93f6.png]
[Image: 6b1ef2c04e.png]
[Image: 7a693de6a6.png]

I probably don't need to post some of these, but just to make sure I cover every base I will. I'm using frameskip to fix the shadows in the game, too, with GSdx.

Sponsored links

Can you post your GSDX settings? also have you tried the recommended speedhacks along with the MTVU speedhack?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

[Settings]
Renderer=0
Interlace=0
AspectRatio=0
upscale_multiplier=1
windowed=0
filter=2
paltex=0
vsync=0
logz=1
fba=1
aa1=0
nativeres=1
resx=1024
resy=1024
swthreads=1
msaa=0
UserHacks_AlphaHack=0
UserHacks_HalfPixelOffset=0
UserHacks_SkipDraw=2

I haven't seen either of such suggestions, actually. Tell me more. :o
which renderer is 0? I'd be better off with a screenshot of the settings dialogue. But yes try the speedhacks, they should help, it's mainly your CPU holding you back by the looks of things.

[Image: d82ac252a3.png]

Can you show me what speedhacks I should be using?
the ones i told you further up.

in the gsdx config as well, change the renderer to DirectX11 hardware, that might also be a bit quicker.

I changed the renderer and used the recommended speedhack setup- no dice, it seems. What do you mean by MTVU speedhack? Should I be using the block hack, or...? :U
No i mean the one called MTVU speedhack. If you don't have the option you are using an old unsupported version and i suggest you update.

Ahh, I updated! The MTVU speedhack worked for me. Thank you Refraction! <3
Nevermind, fixed.