Jak and Daxter emulation problems - Help Needed!
I recently downloaded and setup pcsx2 in order to play Jak and Daxter. I spent over 5 hours trying to properly configure everything in order to play, however the best I can manage is getting 10-15 fps during the game. I've searched google and the forums to see if anyone has had any issues with this particular game, or if they've had success in emulating it. I found a youtube video claiming that Jak and Daxter wasn't currently emulated very well on pcsx2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZL-pBFsD5o. I couldn't even get it to run properly on v0.9.6, so I googled and found v0.9.4. I DID manage to get it up and running then, but it wasn't very playable. I'm certain my laptop can handle everything.

Windows Vista 32-bit
Intel Duo Core T8300 @ 2.4 gHz
4 GB DDR2 Ram
8600M GT 256 MB VRAM
Max Res 1440x900

Also, I'm running it with a store bought copy of the game (not a downloaded torrent or ISO file), if that makes any difference. I read somewhere that someone had issues doing that and so recommended converting it to an ISO, but I don't see why that would make a difference. If anyone who reads this has successfully emulated Jak and Daxter, could you please post your particular configuration. It would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize if this topic has been covered already. I honestly did try the best I could on my own to figure it out using google, but now I'm just lost and figured I'd make a post.

Sponsored links

And I'm certain your laptop can not handle everything.

It's pretty normal to be slow. 2.4 ghz is not enough.

Emulation is not normal gaming. It requires raw power. More power as 2.4 ghz.

You can check speedhacks but there won't be a wonder. Well, get a desktop pc and a nice cpu. OC it and your fps will shoot up.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
(04-13-2009, 08:08 PM)yunsabit Wrote: And I'm certain your laptop can not handle everything.

It's pretty normal to be slow. 2.4 ghz is not enough.

Emulation is not normal gaming. It requires raw power. More power as 2.4 ghz.

You can check speedhacks but there won't be a wonder. Well, get a desktop pc and a nice cpu. OC it and your fps will shoot up.

Hmmm...Ok. Well, I ran Kingdom Hearts just fine, so I thought it had nothing to do with my processor and more with my configuration. And since it was an emulation, I figured if you could run one game with good performance, then theoretically you could run any well (as long as they were compatible) since a consoles technical prowess never changes over it's lifespan. I'll look into the speed hack though.
(04-13-2009, 08:18 PM)Conker1985 Wrote: Hmmm...Ok. Well, I ran Kingdom Hearts just fine, so I thought it had nothing to do with my processor and more with my configuration. And since it was an emulation, I figured if you could run one game with good performance, then theoretically you could run any well (as long as they were compatible) since a consoles technical prowess never changes over it's lifespan. I'll look into the speed hack though.

The thing is - the emulation of the console is a Work in Progress. The PS2 console's technical prowess doesn't even come into play here. Some games currently work, some have issues, and some don't work at all - such is the way of emulation.

I just sit back in amazement at it all myself...PCSX2 is definitely a marvel. And it will only improve.
As of me, Jak and Daxter works quite well. The graphics is a little bit shaking but thats not so important. FPS ~30-35.

My PC config:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP43-S3L
CPU: E7400 (2x2.8Ghz, 1066Mhz, L2 3Mb)
RAM: Patriot 2x2Gb (1066Mhz, 5-5-5-15)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 9600 GT 512 Mb DDR3
SPU: Sound Blaster Audigy
HDD: WD 640 GB SATAII

As of me it is Playable.

Regards

PS. Pcsx2 0.9.6 witsh SVN 1190, GSdx-r1219 (beta), LilyPad 0.9.9, Linuz ISO CDVD 0.8.0, SPU2-X 1.1.0
(05-19-2009, 11:39 AM)Maxik Wrote: As of me, Jak and Daxter works quite well. The graphics is a little bit shaking but thats not so important. FPS ~30-35.

My PC config:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP43-S3L
CPU: E7400 (2x2.8Ghz, 1066Mhz, L2 3Mb)
RAM: Patriot 2x2Gb (1066Mhz, 5-5-5-15)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 9600 GT 512 Mb DDR3
SPU: Sound Blaster Audigy
HDD: WD 640 GB SATAII

As of me it is Playable.

Regards

PS. Pcsx2 0.9.6 witsh SVN 1190, GSdx-r1219 (beta), LilyPad 0.9.9, Linuz ISO CDVD 0.8.0, SPU2-X 1.1.0

Hi, stupid question but how did you get yours working? I used imgburn to make an ISO but when I run the game, it's in Japanese... Is there a way to fix this or is it just stuck like that? Thanks.
..That was a post made 2 years ago, so I doubt anyone will still be around to answer. Please check the dates next time and make a new thread for your question.
Edit: Not to mention if the game is in Japanese it probably has nothing to do with PCSX2 but you have a NTSC-J copy of the game (or didn't change the language in the game's menu...)
[Image: newsig.jpg]