Jak and daxter shadow glitch
I'm very new to this sort of thing but I thought I'd ask here, I am having an issue with shadows in all the Jak games where the shadows on the characters are being projected onto the characters. Apparently it's a well known issue with the Jak games. The issue was supposedly fixed according to pcsx2 in a previous update but I'm having the problem? 

I am on the latest nightly build and am running on a 2400g mini PC with 16gb ddr4 2666 ram with windows 11

Sponsored links

You're probably using Direct3D renderer, change to Vulkan or OpenGL (Vulkan preferred) and it'll be fine.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-16-2024, 12:05 AM)refraction Wrote: You're probably using Direct3D renderer, change to Vulkan or OpenGL (Vulkan preferred) and it'll be fine.

Thank you for responding! Unfortunately I tried both those options and nothing changed. I am quite honestly stumped. I was originally using DX11.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's either still directx (make sure you haven't forced it in the per-game settings) or you've enabled manual fixes, because I'm confident this is no longer a problem.

(04-17-2024, 12:25 AM)refraction Wrote: That's either still directx (make sure you haven't forced it in the per-game settings) or you've enabled manual fixes, because I'm confident this is no longer a problem.

How would I make sure about this per game setting thing?  Or manual fixes? Sorry I am really new to pcsx2 and have only navigated around in a basis sense..
right click the game in your game list and go to properties, then the graphics section, then "Rendering", make sure "Manual Hardware Fixes" is a filled grey box and that the renderer right at the top is global setting, then make sure the global option is set to Auto if it's set to Direct3d, if it was auto, try Vulkan or OpenGL

(04-17-2024, 09:05 PM)refraction Wrote: right click the game in your game list and go to properties, then the graphics section, then "Rendering", make sure "Manual Hardware Fixes" is a filled grey box and that the renderer right at the top is global setting, then make sure the global option is set to Auto if it's set to Direct3d, if it was auto, try Vulkan or OpenGL

Amazing! I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly! I didn't have manual fixes on but the rendering setting wasn't on auto! Thank you once again, you really helped me out! I was pulling my hair out trying to figure this out! Really, thank you!

*Edit* darn. The visuals are now ok but the game is running very slow when I go into full screen mode. Windowed it seems ok which is weird cause it's usually the opposite

So.i played around with it a bit and apparently it's a Direct X issue that is causing the shadow glitch. But on the flip side it's the only renderer that won't slow to a crawl either outright or when using full screen specifically when using vulkan.

Vulkan seems like it does decently, but why does it clam up when I try to full screen it? So weird