James Bond 007: From Russia with Love graphic issue
(02-21-2017, 12:01 AM)jesalvein Wrote: this error happens in D3D HW mode.
not in Opengl, nor in D3D SW mode

In D3D SW mode, you can run it without glitch, but it requires a beefy CPU, and you can't upscale
In OGL mode, you can run it without glitch, and can upscale.
Unfortunately, since you have an AMD GPU, OGL will be slow.

That's why you have no other choice than using D3D SW mode for now, or playing it on your PS2.

I was able to run the game now using these settings. Not sure what went wrong with the last tries:

[Image: gYlRe48.png]

Using more than that for blending accuracy will crash. Right now it's not slow, but, contrary to what you say, the bug is still there. Here's the proof:

[Image: hhpahgJ.png]

As you can see it's less noticeable, but it's there when something explodes.

Now, using D3D 11 SW:

[Image: t5mlqF7.png]

And D3D 11 HW:

[Image: a1Fnzi4.png]

These files were recorded using these settings:

Video: FPS1 640x480 60fps 99107kbps [V: fraps, bgr24, 640x480, 99107 kb/s]
Audio: PCM 48000Hz stereo 1536kbps [A: pcm_s16le, 48000 Hz, 2 channels, s16, 1536 kb/s]

I tried now setting fullscreen at 1920x1200, and it worked just fine the OGL.

What I can tell is that honestly this bug is not annoying and, as I said before, much less evident using OGL.

Sponsored links

tried enabling hardware depth in OGL mode ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Indeed, it is still broken. The bottom half was expected. But upper part isn't normal.

You could try in the hack section to use the skipdraw value (try 1 and increase 1 by 1)

If you could generate me a gs dump of the bad effect, it would be nice. I won't have time to work on it but this way I would have a testcase that could help in the future. (and potentially we can confirm if it is an AMD driver bug).
(02-21-2017, 01:47 PM)gregory Wrote: Indeed, it is still broken. The bottom half was expected. But upper part isn't normal.

You could try in the hack section to use the skipdraw value (try 1 and increase 1 by 1)

If you could generate me a gs dump of the bad effect, it would be nice. I won't have time to work on it but this way I would have a testcase that could help in the future. (and potentially we can confirm if it is an AMD driver bug).
I fixed the problem by enabling HW hacks and increasing from 0 to 1 the Skipdraw value. This solves the problem for D3D 11 HW, too.

http://imgur.com/a/XTCGF

The question is: should I let this enabled for the rest of PS2 games? I mean, is it OK for most of them?

And is there a difference between OGL HW and D3D 11 HW? I don't know anything about these settings, I am asking if the best I can extract from the game graphics can only come if I use OGL.

One thing I noticed is that in this scene only the sound of the firing shots is a little strange, as if there was something slow in the emulation and not allowing them to be heard 100%. I tried switching between 1-Linear and 4-Catmull, still I am almost positive that these sound effects and even the soundtrack (while Bond is walking in that mansion) are not at full speed.

Maybe sometimes I hear them like this precisely because of that warning that my video card isn't optimized for that use, and needs an updated driver. I am not an experienced player but I tend to notice subtle differences like these, and when a game isn't running totally smooth.

Since I can't be sure of anything here it would be good to hear the opinion of other AMD owners who happen to play this or other PS2 games, if they notice something wrong.

It can't be my CPU because I am using a Core i7 4770 with 8 GB RAM and Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

As for a "GS dump", I don't know how to create one.
Please read this thread to create a gs dump
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-How-to-create-a-proper-GS-dump

It is a bad idea to keep skipdraw. I would suggest to use a dev build instead of the 1.4. You can find it here http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html

The effect is complexe to emulate so I guess it will sync GPU/CPU => stutter.
Here's a GS dump: [attachment=62096]
It seems that the last AMD driver update messed with the OGL Hardware mode. Look how things are now for this game (hack Skipdraw disabled):

[Image: QhumVid.png]

P.S. Even if I enable the Skipdraw -1, things won't change, with OGL HW.

My only alternative is to use D3D11 HW.

P.S. Using the revision v1.5.0-dev-1924-g4889e97, from 2017-03-11 17:41:55.

Source: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

AMD info:

http://i.imgur.com/uCzhbGK.png

Driver: 17.3.1.
That's normal (in AMD's eyes at least Tongue)

We can't do anything about it until they properly fix their driver.
(03-12-2017, 07:09 AM)CK1 Wrote: That's normal (in AMD's eyes at least Tongue)

We can't do anything about it until they properly fix their driver.

How is that normal? It's a regression  Unsure

At least before this update it was working as you saw in this thread.

Did they fix something and PCSX2 is the one that needs to be modified to be properly aligned with the SAPPHIRE R7 265 Dual-X (AMD Radeon R7 200 Series) card (or all AMD cards) or they made things worse?

Very odd that OGL HW now can only work this way for the game.  Blink
AMD driver is buggy as hell. We sent them a 50 lines test case to show.them the issue last year. They confirmed it was a driver bug. They manage to fix it. But they broke it again 1-2 months ago