Jampack Summer 2001 Demo black screen
When I try to boot it, shows a loading screen and then just hangs on a black screen with music.

Is there anyway I can get this to boot and play?

Sponsored links

i don't think it's part of gamedb.
did you get this in an old magazine ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-10-2023, 04:58 PM)jesalvein Wrote: i don't think it's part of gamedb.
did you get this in an old magazine ?

I got the ISO of it, going through memories. Checked out a bunch of these Underground demo discs on PSX, now trying the PS2 ones.

I tried Winter 2001, that seemed to work fine.
hm
anything written on the disc ? like a disc code ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-10-2023, 05:48 PM)jesalvein Wrote: hm
anything written on the disc ? like a disc code ?

Not sure if this helps but can post these pics and I also have a link I found with someone else having the same problem (not using a cheat device, so have no idea)
it seems to be resolved, but I don't understand. Maybe you might know.

I want to send the link to the post, but it won't let me here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-10-2023, 04:44 PM)Nessu Wrote: When I try to boot it, shows a loading screen and then just hangs on a black screen with music.

Is there anyway I can get this to boot and play?

For PCSX2 1.7 QT, under the "Tools" menu , enable "Show advanced settings".  Then right-click the game on your games list, go to game's  "Properties".  Then under "Game Fixes",  enable the "EE Timing Hack"

I actually still have this disc, hah. PSU, good old days.

Anyway, this demo used to boot fine (I remember playing it as far back as 2012 on my old AMD Llano APU rig lol) but it seems it got broken at some point in recent year(s). I also get the black screen which is weird. Most other demos, even ones from the same era still boot and work fine. No idea what causes this.

edit: kudos to above poster for the fix.
(04-10-2023, 11:21 PM)someother1ne Wrote: For PCSX2 1.7 QT, under the "Tools" menu , enable "Show advanced settings".  Then right-click the game on your games list, go to game's  "Properties".  Then under "Game Fixes",  enable the "EE Timing Hack"

Thanks so much, that worked!

(04-11-2023, 12:54 AM)NarooN Wrote: I actually still have this disc, hah. PSU, good old days.

Anyway, this demo used to boot fine (I remember playing it as far back as 2012 on my old AMD Llano APU rig lol) but it seems it got broken at some point in recent year(s). I also get the black screen which is weird. Most other demos, even ones from the same era still boot and work fine. No idea what causes this.

edit: kudos to above poster for the fix.

Oh yea, was feeling super nostalgic and went through all of these. Love going back and checking out all this gaming history!
I actually still have this disc, hah. PSU, good old days.