Judder with VU Cycle Stealing in Shadow of the Colossus?
So would you say SotC is more GPU-limited than it is CPU-limited then?
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU

Sponsored links

Here is a nice explanation from Cottonvibes

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-What-does...4#pid72524
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Then the tooltip on the emulator is wrong:
http://i.imgur.com/AoyM0Rh.png
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Cotton can give some weird wording in his explanations. You two are right. I'm wrong.

which I guess is why SotC loves it so much. It steals cycles from the EE and gives the VU's more execution cycles. SotC apparently just hammers the VU's like hell, so more processing time would be important
So then VU cycle stealing doesn't actually add cycles to the EE when VU micro-programs run, right? He just worded that in a weird way?

Also I'd say SotC hammers both pretty heavily. Check this out:
http://i.imgur.com/PHuDX18.png

And that's native res in hardware mode XD

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Yeah, that was just some weird wording it looks like.

But yeah, those VU's just get buried by SotC.
Speaking (tangentially anyway lol) of PCSX2's titlebar, where could I go to make a suggestion for it? I'd like to suggest that some type of indication be added to it so that we know if someone is running in HW or SW mode. That would save us from asking OPs if they've tried running in SW mode to fix an issue. I'd also like a feature where I can see the information provided in the titlebar inside the GS window itself when I'm in fullscreen (a la ePSXe), although I would imagine that's something you need to do in GSdx, not PCSX2 itself.

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
(09-28-2014, 04:18 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I modified a build of PCSX2 to OC the EE up to 50%. But it's like 2 more in game FPS for double the system requirements on an already uber demanding game. So not really worth it.

I'm curious, How did the sound fair in this modified build? did it get sped up or anything?
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
I've noticed no issues with it other than a bump in the requirements during my testing.
The EE overclock works the same way as the current EE cycle rate hack(Which is EE underclock) except in reverse. I modified the slider to be able to both increase and decrease the effective EE clock speed(and of course the code that the slider controls as well). Here is a video I made proving it works. It uses SNES Station for PS2, running in PCSX2, which doesn't run at full FPS in PCSX2/on PS2 normally and skips frames. Once the EE clock is increased, it goes to 60/60

But in case anyone was thinking of asking for a build, there are several reasons I'm not making them.

#1 I did this on my own, without dev input, so it's completely unofficial
#2 It only helps a small handful of games that meet these criteria
  • They are not FPS capped/They run below their FPS cap
  • They are EE bound
#3 The system requirements increase is MASSIVE. I made a comparison in one game. Standard EE clock: 200% speed. 33% EE increase: 100% speed. 50% EE increase: 50% speed
#4 Even in the games it helps, it's only a TINY amount. 5 in-game FPS at most.

But to answer hellbringer's question, it is highly compatible. We've only found one game it causes actual issues with.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD