Jumping to the menu (settings) ingame
Hi.

First of all: Good work with playground (and overall PCSX-development). The few games I play on the pc (because the PS2 is conneted to the TV, where the other parts of the family don't want to let me play ^^) are really nice looking.

I have just a little bug with FF-XII. Whenever I want to launch the game, it hangs at 99% at the starting movie (before you can choose if you wants to start a new game or continue an existing one).
A q'n'd-solution is to use software rendering with GSdx872 SSE2 0.1.12. This is ugly and slow, but working. In the advanced options of PCSX2 the help says that changing the roundmode for EE if a game hangs, that this could make the game work again.

But how can I access this roundmode settings ingame? Or is this a bug and already known? Sometimes after a while the game recovers and continues. But most of the time (after a minute or so) it still hangs. Sad

Sooo a hint is appreciated here. I was not able to find information about that here up to now..

Thanks in advance. Laugh

Regards, Bigfoot29

Edit: I found the problem... when enabling VU skip, PCSX2 seems to lock up. starting the game with normal, limit or Frame skip works well. Smile
Still interesting to know if there is an option to change that ingame or how the help is meant there. Maybe other people want to know too if pcsx2 locks up, it could be VU-skip related.

System:
AMD Phenom 9550@2,5GHz
RadeonHD 3300@900MHz 128MB Sideport
WindowsXPPro

Game:
Final Fantasy XII german (cdrom0:\SLES_543.56;1)

Hope, that helps Laugh

Sponsored links

If I've understood you right, what you want is changing the mode with the F4 key Wink
No, F4 is the shortcut for the limiting / skipping mode. Changing the round mode ingame (meaning while running the emulation) is almost impossible because it's not really an option, more like a behaviour definition for the emulation of either the EE or the VUs. It has to be defined before the emulation starts, changing it while it is already running would result in inconsistent results.
I'm sure there is a way to deal with inconsistency, I'm just not sure anyone wants to deal with it because it's a hack and not accurate emulation.
I was talking about this paragraph:

(12-23-2008, 09:13 PM)bigfoot29 Wrote: Edit: I found the problem... when enabling VU skip, PCSX2 seems to lock up. starting the game with normal, limit or Frame skip works well. Smile
Still interesting to know if there is an option to change that ingame or how the help is meant there. Maybe other people want to know too if pcsx2 locks up, it could be VU-skip related.
(12-24-2008, 02:17 AM)tiku Wrote: I was talking about this paragraph:

(12-23-2008, 09:13 PM)bigfoot29 Wrote: Edit: I found the problem... when enabling VU skip, PCSX2 seems to lock up. starting the game with normal, limit or Frame skip works well. Smile

Sorry, stopped reading here:
(12-23-2008, 09:13 PM)bigfoot29 Wrote: Regards, Bigfoot29
Tongue
Of course you're right about the skip mode Smile
Hi and thanks for the replies.

I talked about a shortcut for roundmode because the help there suggests that there is a possibility to change that ingame. Smile

Frameskip can be activated/switched through with F4 and that solved the freezing issue of playground. So you both are/were right.

I searched a solution for a problem where I thought it would be (because I never had/ am having these issues with 0.9.5 BETA) but found an solution to the freezing at another point - and I just wanted to share it with other folks here.

Btw: once you are ingame of FF XII VU Skip can be activated again. Maybe a timing problem or something like that? Especcially when the Beta 0.9.5 does work (and software rendering too)

For me the topic can be closed.

Thanks. Smile

Regards, Bigfoot29