Just a couple of quick questions.
Exclamation 
Well, my main question is why doesn't the installer come with all the .dll files and basic plugins? I know it cuts down on the file size for the downloader, but most of the required .dlls can't seem to be found even here, much less the download section on the main site. Its massively inconvenient, bordering on frustrating to have to scour google and other sites in search of these .dlls, and it would be much appreciated if the installer actually gave you a usable program instead of a shell for you to fill up yourself. I understand why it doesn't come with bios though, but I already have those and know that you can't ask here and why they wouldn't include it with the installer.

My other question is where can I get SSE4.1 at? I would like to play Persona3 sometime soon and I can't even find that .dll on google.

Sponsored links

The installer from the PCSX2 site (PCSX2_0.9.6_setup.msi) does come with plugins and necessary files (only thing would be the directx updated files which usually are just a click away), what where you missing?

SSE4.1 is an instruction set in Intel CPUs you cant just download it as it must be supported by the CPU if not it simply wont work, if your CPU doesnt support it you'll have to use SSSE3 or SSE2 versions. If you mean you cant find the SSE4 GSdx plugin well again it does come with the installer or you could simply get the plugin from the GSdx thread which comes with the SSE2 the SSSE3 and SSE4 versions.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
[Image: 7-7-20096-40-37PM.jpg]

Hm, I wonder what the problem could be then.
That means your CPU doesn't support SSE4.1 or at least that PCSX2 doesn't think it does. That features list is just a list of what is available on your CPU

...and I know for a fact that the E6550 doesn't support SSE4.1
E8500 @ 4.1GHz
4GB memory
HD4850 512MB in crossfire (Crossfire does work with PCSX2)
Running Vista 64
what does the emulog.txt in the logs folder says?

Try running the emulator as administrator (right click), i'd also try to delete the pcsx2 folder (except bios), get the installer again and reinstall it. I think some people get that error sometimes and then simply dissapears after some time.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
there 4 possibles neither:
-Misselect GSdx versions and instruction set version your CPU can handle up to SSSE3
-Outdated DirectX SDK
-Did'nt run pcsx2 as a admin
-or highly possible confict on pcsx2.ini(best to delete that pcsx2.ini in the ini folder then re-config the emulator again)
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Found out what the problem was. Needed to set it to SSE2 instead of its default of 3...I think. I just got fed up and tried a bunch of plugins and it worked.

edit: SSSE3 works. May have beed either a CDVD or FireWire issue with my config.
(07-08-2009, 03:12 AM)TKhaos Wrote: Well, my main question is why doesn't the installer come with all the .dll files and basic plugins? I know it cuts down on the file size for the downloader, but most of the required .dlls can't seem to be found even here, much less the download section on the main site. Its massively inconvenient, bordering on frustrating to have to scour google and other sites in search of these .dlls, and it would be much appreciated if the installer actually gave you a usable program instead of a shell for you to fill up yourself. I understand why it doesn't come with bios though, but I already have those and know that you can't ask here and why they wouldn't include it with the installer.

My other question is where can I get SSE4.1 at? I would like to play Persona3 sometime soon and I can't even find that .dll on google.

would be very interesting to know what these missing dlls were. i didn't have to download a single dll or plugin file in addition to the main installer to get it to run.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403