Just a couple questions about CoN
Hey guys, been following and using Pcsx2 since it began development. I don't post very often as my questions are generally answered by using google. But first I'd like to say you are all doing an amazing job on this project and to see it's development over the years and the progress you've made is pretty amazing!

Now then, there is one game in particular I wanted to talk about. Champions of Norrath. I don't know what you guys did in development between r5766 (the one I use most often) and r5852 but I have seen a fps boost of 15+ using the same settings in both revisions. 45 fps to 60, with drops every now and then in large areas. It seems also that annoying screen glitch, the one where it would get blurry and fps drops of 10-20 is gone! Or it appears so anyway. In terms of hardware mode, I noticed ZeroGS (I'm aware it's outdated) has a specific half-screen fix, aside from the expected problems, it was able to display a full screen. I'm not sure if that helps with your development, I'm no programmer lol.

Wasn't overly sure if anyone has been testing this game with the latest revisions, but I test this and Neo Contra every week or so with the latest revisions, to see if anything changes.

One thing I've noticed, is my processors are only running at 70% when running CoN in large areas and yet it still slows down.. does anyone know what the reason is for this? And how can I get around that? Doesn't have to be Pcsx2 related. I currently have Process Lasso dedicating all 4 cores to Pcsx2 and only CPU0 to every other process and got a 5 fps boost.

Here is what I'm running:

Pcsx2 1.1.0.5852
GSdx 5842 SSE2 D3D11 Software mode
Interlacing: Auto
Extra Rendering Threads: 3
Speedhacks Enabled
EE Cyclerate: 2
VU Cycle Stealing: 3
All others checked

All other settings are default

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7640
BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/27/12 13:29:10 Ver: 04.06.04
Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 (Black Edition) Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8178MB RAM
Page File: 2531MB used, 13820MB available

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 555 (x2 SLI)
Display Memory: 4049 MB
Dedicated Memory: 977 MB
Shared Memory: 3072 MB

Thanks in advance! Smile

Sponsored links

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Champions...5-U--28705
You can see this,Champions of norrath its a Playable game,but still with problems,none can telling yet a perfect solution.
For more speed not use Extra Rendering Threads: 3,use 0.

About Neo contra,look.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Neo-Contr...1-U--29547

I m the tester guy,for this,you are talking with the right person,How much time delay for neo contra crash for you?Because in more than 3 hours of game,only crashed for me 2 times,more than enogh to win the stages,save,complete the game....
Software mode can give a little more stabilitie.
Why would lowering extra render threads speed him up? 3 is optimal for his cpu.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Yeah I agree I don't see how putting extra threads to 0 would speed anything up. But I'll try.

Neo Contra I can play the first 3 stages from beginning to end with no problems. The 4th stage hangs at the battleship. This is true in all cases, disabling game fixes helped.

EDIT: Just downloaded the latest SVN. In CoN now instead of a black screen on the right in HW mode I now see red and white vertical stripes on that side.
You will have to play the game in software mode, there's currently no way around that.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(02-01-2014, 08:45 PM)refraction Wrote: You will have to play the game in software mode, there's currently no way around that.

I know that, and Ive been using it Smile

I'm modding my broken ps2 so I can play it for now until I can play it in HD on Pcsx2.