Just a quick question
Since my FFX disc isn't readable in my disc drive, (Scratched up, little brothers are a pain) would it be possible to use a friend's copy of the game, and rip the files to a blank CD? Would it have to be a DVD-rom?

Just curious. Haven't played this game in forver. Though I'm glad I get to play some of my other PS2 games.

Thanks in advance for any help

Sponsored links

if you're just using it on pcsx2 why bother burning? just make an iso of your friend's copy
also, it would have to be a dvd because the original game was a dvd, look at the disk, it quite clearly says DVD on it
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC 12800
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
Graphics: 2x Radeon HD 3870
Well, I was under the assumption that the game had to be read from the CD/DVD Drive. Would that way still work, or would you recomend making an ISO of it?
This is a little bit of a gray area...

You are not legally allowed to backup any game but your own... Even if someone has the same game as you and it's a bit perfect exact copy as yours... It's still not technically a backup of your own game.

That said... There is no reason why a backup of a game to a DVD+-R would not work (FFX is too big to fit on a CD-R) or you could make an ISO copy to your PC which would run much better on PCSX2.
[Image: 2748844.png]
in my opinion, the best way to run ps2 games under pcsx2 is to do as follows
1: make an iso of your ps2 game
2: use the Linuziso cdvd plugin
3: configure above plugin to use your iso
4: enjoy
Processor: Core i7 2600 3.4GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x2GB Dual Channel DDR3 PC 12800
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H77-D3H
Graphics: 2x Radeon HD 3870
There's no gray area, if he aquires the same software it's not a crime or illegal. If he were the one sharing it, it is. Weird, but true.
[Image: hah.jpg]
TheKeef: Actually, US law anyways, says that it must be a personal backup of a copy you own... While I doubt it's been tested in court, a copy of someone else's game/music/etc even if it's the same as yours is NOT technically a backup of yours.

Hence the concept of a backup. You are supposed to backup copies of your software/music before they become damaged.
[Image: 2748844.png]