Just a quick wee bit question
I upgraded to Windows 8.1 just a few days ago.

I decided to update my copy of PCSX2 from the buildbot considering the news about the new debugger, also because i hadn't done so since like a build from July when Blyss still distributed builds.

So uhm, it won't work. First thing that appears when i run it is the console window and it just stays busy indefinitely, maxing out a single core. I made sure to get the VC redist installed, didn't make a difference. I don't know if it's an issue with the latest builds or a wider incompatibility (since i didn't even check if my previous copy worked) but i can't seem to get it working.

*help*

Sponsored links

where did you install PCSX2 to? Windows 8 hates stuff being installed to Program Files that writes to that directory.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif?ex=65f40671&is=65e19171...551a681a&=]

(09-12-2014, 11:13 PM)refraction Wrote: where did you install PCSX2 to? Windows 8 hates stuff being installed to Program Files that writes to that directory.
Can't you just run PCSX2 in Administrator Mode, and that will allow it to write to the area?
(09-12-2014, 11:13 PM)refraction Wrote: where did you install PCSX2 to? Windows 8 hates stuff being installed to Program Files that writes to that directory.

I always keep it on the desktop.

(09-12-2014, 11:20 PM)Scootaloo Wrote: Can't you just run PCSX2 in Administrator Mode, and that will allow it to write to the area?

Ah, it never crossed my mind that it was a permissions issue. Ran it as administrator and started just fine. Windows 8 is rather silly with the whole permission thing..

Case closed Smile
Windows 7 and 8(.1) Both has the permission bug, which MS never fixed.
I think they call it a feature.
(09-12-2014, 11:25 PM)Coornio Wrote: I always keep it on the desktop.

Ah, it never crossed my mind that it was a permissions issue. Ran it as administrator and started just fine. Windows 8 is rather silly with the whole permission thing..

Case closed Smile

This is why run my system as true hidden administrator. even then there time i told i dont have access rights to said things, but not as often with out being true admin. even if it not recommending thing to do.
(09-13-2014, 12:09 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: This is why run my system as true hidden administrator. even then there time i told i dont have access rights to said things, but not as often with out being true admin. even if it not recommending thing to do.

I'm not sure whether your user privileges have anything to do with the privileges the applications themselves run under.

Being a system administrator simply allows you to have more control, but in theory (and probably practice as well), the authorization applications receive depends entirely on the system itself.
It occasionally pisses me off when I get "Access denied" messages in Windows. My PC. I mean, I built it, I maintain it, no one touches it but me. HOW DARE YOU DENY ME ACCESS?!
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
^ LOL This! Laugh