Just another DX11 problem
Hey everyone, I'm really new to pcsx2, so bear with me...
I just downloaded it and tried it on my laptop; it worked fine besides the low fps rate of around 9, so i thought I'd install it on my desktop (specs of it on signature).

When I tried it, It would not initialize the ZeroGS plugin even though it was in the same path as the other plugins. Also when I tried running a game (it was FFX, but I don't think it matters), it said that annoying "You need to update your DirectX!" message. I tried to update it (even though my graphics card is DX11) and I just got an error saying a .dll was missing. Any suggestions?

I have already tried looking for a DX11 plugin on the forums, but i didnt have any luck. When I tried getting the most current version of GSdx (I assumed it contained a DX11 plugin), it said I was missing MSVRC100.dll even though I installed all the programs that the post instructed. I am running pcsx2 in admin mode and I have tried all the rendering settings of the default GSdx plugins.

Thanks in advance!
-=-Currently runnin'-=-(desktop) [Windows 7 (64bit)]
CPU: Intel core 2 quad Q9300 (@ 2.50 GHz)
Card: ATI Radeon HD 4350

"Probably not a problem"

Sponsored links

You missed the VC++ 2010 redistributable at the top of the page:
http://pcsx2.dyndns.org/index.php?n=GSdx
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(12-13-2009, 06:00 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: You missed the VC++ 2010 redistributable at the top of the page:
http://pcsx2.dyndns.org/index.php?n=GSdx
Oh, thanks for replying so fast!
I had already installed the VC++ redist. I reinstalled it just to make sure nothing went wrong and I still receive the same errors.

"Probably not a problem"
If you're using an HD4350, you don't have DX11, you have DX10 and partial DX11, the card itself doesn't have DX11 hardware, only 5xxx series currently have DX11 (from ATI side, I'm not folloving nvidyah) you should change to DX10
Ok, I reverted back to my original GSdx plugins and tried all the DX10 options and they still don't work. Also, anyone know whats up with the ZeroGS plugin? It still doesn't initialize.
(12-13-2009, 06:11 AM)K0HIJIN Wrote: I had already installed the VC++ redist. I reinstalled it just to make sure nothing went wrong and I still receive the same errors.

There's 2 VC++ redist you need, the 2008 and 2010 one do you have both? because that missing file seems to say you're missing the 2010 one.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Did what you said and the new plugins work now! But not even the DX11 ones work; I still get the You need to update your DirectX message.
I don't know if this helps, but when I go to 'configure' under config, I get an error saying "The program cant start because d3dx9_40.dll is missing from your computer"
I had already tried installing DX9 off the Microsoft site and installer failed

"Probably not a problem"
I suggest using the beta version if your not since it seems to run better.
Windows 7 - Asus G73jh-a1 - 17-720qm @ 1.6 GHz (2.8 GHz)(2.4ghz)(1.73ghz) - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 @ 700/1000 (sometimes oc to 800/1100) - 8 gig ram
If the installer failed, then you need to get in contact with microsoft and figure out WHY it's failing. You need the august 2009 redistribution of DirectX to play pcsx2 beta.
[Image: 2748844.png]
try using the web installer, that one will always fetch latest update from the MS server..btw, u mention u are using DX11 mode? are u sure that your graphic card can render DX11 stuff? i recall only the ATi 5-series could do that, and i don think their mobility card is out(since the mobility version is always used on laptops)..