Just bought a new computer and need help...
I just recently bought a new computer for cheap(should've checked this site before i bought it) but I believe the specs to be a bit low (although I dont really know anything about computer specs but from what I can tell, its not running well) for whats needed to run pcsx2 0.9.8 and its maximum potential speed. Anyway, i'm looking to upgrade whatever it is needed on this computer to get pcsx2 to run the best it can. Can anyone tell me what I need to upgrade? Money isnt too much of a problem. Here are the specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7500(2.93 GHz)
64 bit Dual Core Processor
3MB L2 Cache
2GB DDR3 1333
Intel GMA X4500
Sound card - Integrated

I bought it from newegg and here is the link for any additional information needed:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6883155114

Again, I was looking for a cheap PC even though I should've just went ahead and bought a better PC. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just wanna know what needs to be replaced and what I should get to have it run at its best speeds. Thanks!

Sponsored links

Although its not a bad pc, im going to say, everything (Except soundcard, which doesnt matter)

you need a faster cpu, or overclock that one a bit. plus you need a decentish graphics card, intel cards do not cut the musard at all, you want at least a mid range nvidia/radeon card to get decent speeds.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

okay got it... i need a fast cpu and graphic card... I dont think i can overclock my cpu.. not sure how to do it but i did look it up and i read that mine cannot be overclocked i think.. guess i'll get a new processor along the lines of 3.3 ghz or so... what graphic card do u suggest? i want a graphic card that would be more than the pcsx2 needs but something cheap... i dont want a graphic card that would just "cut it" I want something i know that will give me the best graphics the emulator can possibly have.
(05-07-2011, 12:30 AM)Darkhadou10 Wrote: okay got it... i need a fast cpu and graphic card... I dont think i can overclock my cpu.. not sure how to do it but i did look it up and i read that mine cannot be overclocked i think.. guess i'll get a new processor along the lines of 3.3 ghz or so... what graphic card do u suggest? i want a graphic card that would be more than the pcsx2 needs but something cheap... i dont want a graphic card that would just "cut it" I want something i know that will give me the best graphics the emulator can possibly have.

Stick to you CPU. The performance improvement from a mere 300 MHz higher clock rate is not going to be worth the asking price. Just get a decent GPU, perhaps a GTX 460 1GB.
Indeed, you can overclock that, it just depends if your motherboard will let you
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

It's a Dell. I'd bet you a doughnut that it won't let you mess with the good stuff.

A CPU upgrade it hardly worth it. You'd be better of investing in a new mobo IMO. Just get that GPU. I'd say a more decent one (GTX 460 in nice) would suite well, so you never have to worry about it slowing you down (unless you really wanna push the res), and native PC games will like the better GPU.

That processor will still handle many games at 2.93Ghz (Speedhacks will help), just don't expect too much from the more demanding games to run.
so a GTX 460 1GB would be great for running pcsx2 at its full potential? and are you guys sure my processor is good at 2.93 ghz? i'd be willing to upgrade if it has a significant upgrade in playability.
builds a custom configuration that will cost you the same but will be much better
(05-09-2011, 06:50 PM)Darkhadou10 Wrote: so a GTX 460 1GB would be great for running pcsx2 at its full potential? and are you guys sure my processor is good at 2.93 ghz? i'd be willing to upgrade if it has a significant upgrade in playability.

That's the thing. Your CPU's kinda so-so. You can replace it but the improvement isn't going to be significant. You're better off replacing the motherboard so you can overclock that sucker (maybe go for a 4GHz OC?) than replacing the CPU with something that runs at just 200-300MHz faster.
what motherboard do u recommend?