Just need a bit of help with settings...
Hi All,

Been using PCsx for a day or so now and I'm trying to tweak the configs in order to squeeze every last bit of speed out of it.

I'd appreciate it if you guys could take a look at my config and offer some feedback on my settings. Firstly, here are my PC stats,

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 3
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name COMPUTER

Motherboard:
CPU Type DualCore Intel Pentium D 805, 2666 MHz (20 x 133)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset ATI Radeon Xpress 200
System Memory 1024 MB (DDR2-533 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (05/26/06)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
Display:
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT (1024 MB) - overclocked slightly
Monitor Plug and Play Monitor [NoDB] (63805187)

I've included the PCSX configs as screen grabs. Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Ginger_Overlord

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Idle Loop Fastforward is a pretty safe hack with no known side effects and works with nearly every game I've tried (though some it shows more benefit than others)

Turn off 8-bit textures, in most games/situations it actually CAUSES slowdowns. Also set it to native res, your on-board video card probably can't handle anything greater than that.

(edit) Let me rephrase that. It may not CAUSE slowdowns, but it can contribute to them and make them worse. Especially with an on-board video card with very little v-ram.
[Image: 2748844.png]
first, you have a weak cpu try overclocking it,then you must chek boxes eemisc hacks
and in graphics unchek allow 8-bit .. and put interlance none and chek native bottom
Just noticed on the interleave settings on GSDX...you are using a specific interleave option that might cut your fps in half...you may want to change that to something else.
Enable the "native" option in GSdx, in SPU2-X tick the "Disable effects processing" option, disable microVU in the CPU configuration, enable the remaining "EE misc hacks" in the speedhacks options and last set the clamp modes in "config > advanced". This should give you the best speed, may not look pretty, may not work in all games but that's how it is Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64