Just to check (having read the thread), this should be a good setup, right?
So having read the thread, I just want to make fully sure about this PC I will be buying next week, to make sure that it can run say, Dark Cloud/Chronicle (both from my discs) at the very least to a good level.

Processor (CPU)
AMD FX-4350 Quad Core CPU (4.3/4.2GHZ - 4MB CACHE/AM3+)

Motherboard
ASUSĀ® M5A97 (DDR3, USB3.0, 6Gb/s)

Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660 - 2 x DVI, HDMI, - 3D Vision Ready

Sponsored links

should be more than Ok for dark cloud series
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thank you very much. Generally speaking (I am well aware that PS2 games can vary wildly in how demanding they are on the computer), how comfortably should I play the average game?
The average game should run full speed though you may need to turn on some of the recommended speed hacks from time to time. Your GPU should put you in the 4x native range for most games, with the more demanding at 3x.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Thanks. My resolution would be 1440x900 so.
(08-22-2013, 08:30 PM)KenKennedyKenne Wrote: Thanks. My resolution would be 1440x900 so.

For compatibility reasons, you won't want to use your monitor resolution, you'll want to use a multiple of the games native resolution. 3x will put you well above your monitor's resolution in almost every game (PS2 games have various resolutions they can be in by default) which is good. The higher the better since it will give an anti-aliasing effect.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Ah that is a fair point yes. Thank you again.