KH1 - Crashes in Chernabog bossfight.
I'm using PCSX2 1.0.0 and unfortunately having crashes in the Chernabog bossfight in KH1. After some googling this seems to be a common issue, and this is what I've changed in my settings:
-VU1 to superVu
-Enable Synchronized MTGS
-Changed aspect ratio from fit screen to 4:3
-Disabled speedhacks
-Went from 3x native to native in GS settings (Allow 8bit textures is still on, otherwise I think everything is default)
-Disabled HW hacks in GS settings (was using 8x MSAA)
-Changed synchronizing mode in SPU to Async

With these changes I've also been testing either by fastbooting and going from memcard saves, or save states. Both still encountered crashes. My most recent attempt was from full boot and memcard save, with SW mode on, which didn't actually crash, it just had the game freezed while the EE was switching between 99 and 100% and the GS was at 0%. I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm using the AVX plugin for GSdx, and the DX11 renderer.

My specs: i5-2500, Radeon HD 6870, 8GB RAM.

Sponsored links

Try different plugin ,Native resolution,default settings (all)
AVX plugin? Never heard of it..found Smile
Try GSdx SSE4 maybe?
(10-03-2013, 12:28 AM)oOCrazyGamerOo Wrote: Try different plugin ,Native resolution,default settings (all)
AVX plugin? Never heard of it..found Smile
Try GSdx SSE4 maybe?

Through shameful abuse of save states I got through the bossfight, but I'm still getting some crashes.
I'll try what you've suggested Smile.

Edit: Loaded a save state just before the fight, and although it still crashed, I got through about 1/2 of his health so it's easily playable now. This was with 8x MSAA and 3x native, and Catmull-rom SPU interpolation, as well. Emulation settings are all on defaults.
If during this fight you have GPU spikes,overloads and freezes ,this can cause your crashes . So mb good idea to reduce scaling.
Try 2x and w/o 8 MSAA? And i think MTVU hack will be a speed boost,but sometimes not Smile
Best idea to try everything.Sometimes software good solution . Just to pass some glitchy areas.
You can check CPU/GPU load on top of emu window.
[Image: 101f1a5fe800.png]
Oh yes,forgot to say. Try 1.0 web installer if you using something else.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-1-0...-Installer
Fixed all crashes for me.
(10-03-2013, 01:27 AM)thunder21 Wrote: Through shameful abuse of save states I got through the bossfight, but I'm still getting some crashes.
I'll try what you've suggested Smile.

Edit: Loaded a save state just before the fight, and although it still crashed, I got through about 1/2 of his health so it's easily playable now. This was with 8x MSAA and 3x native, and Catmull-rom SPU interpolation, as well. Emulation settings are all on defaults.

Don't use save states restart the game at the last natural save you had enjoy with gsdx the flawless kh playthrough.