KH2 - 7% speed on Linux
Hi. So, I've been trying to run PCSX2 on my pc and it hasn't been working. I tried playing KH2 and it starts great, the menu and the first FMV work perfectly but as soon as the first "normal" cutscene starts the speed falls to 7% and it never changes, even when the game starts. The same thing happens with SoTC, stuck at 13%. I tried messing around with a bunch of configs and hacks but all I managed to do was slow down the games even further.

Here's my specs:
Intel® Core™ i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz
Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller

Now, I know what you're thinking, this isn't exactly a gaming pc but here's the thing: back in 2014 I played both of these games on this same computer and it worked just fine. Sure, the graphics weren't in HD, there was some minor audio glitches and the occasional slow down but nothing too bad. At that time I had Windows 8 installed now I'm using a distro called ParrotSec. I figured I'm missing something because even if the games can't run at great speeds, 7% is just too low. I see nothing particularly wrong in the logs. Maybe it's a drivers issue?

Any ideas?

Sponsored links

Weak CPU+weak GPU : bas results.
Linux wont allow you to use d3d11 renderer, means you'll be stuck with ogl renderer.

So, bette keep playing it on your PS2 for now.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hm indeed so low speed is not normal (ok maybe for SotC but not for KH2). It does sound a driver issue, I'd suggest you first try 1.5 dev builds and see how it goes
https://launchpad.net/~pcsx2-team/+archi...csx2-daily
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hello, sorry for the late reply, I had a busy week.

> Linux wont allow you to use d3d11 renderer, means you'll be stuck with ogl renderer.
oh, I see. So if I had a more appropriate GPU Linux would have the proper software to run the emulator properly?

> I'd suggest you first try 1.5 dev builds and see how it goes
I just tried with unstable_1.5.0 built earlier today and I got the same results, stuck on 7%.
Is that a laptop? If so you should check it's not on power saving and on a performance power scheme (and plugged in ofcourse)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yeah, it's a laptop but the cable is connected and there's no power saving on as far as I can tell. For comparison, I'm able to run some 3DS games and Wii games at the correct speed. Sure, these consoles aren't as complex as the PS2 but 7% is somewhat weird.