KH2 Final Mix Crash
Hello everyone,

I got some huge problems with running Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix smoothly on the emulator. For some reason the game always crashed at completely random instances like finishing a boss, changing into drive forms or even checking up ur abilities. Weirdly enough it never supplied me with any kind of logs during the crashes until now when I tried to use a terminal in space paranoids. Can anybody help me pls? Ive also uploaded the Logs in here. Pls check it out.

Attached Files
.txt   KH2 Shit Log.txt (Size: 24,85 KB / Downloads: 176)

Sponsored links

Do you get the same problems when running the original physical PS2 game disc ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-18-2017, 12:09 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Do you get the same problems when running the original physical PS2 game disc ?

I dont. But I currently have to settle with the ISO and I dont know how to fix this.
What did you use to create your ISO?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-18-2017, 12:24 AM)refraction Wrote: What did you use to create your ISO?
I used ImgBurn for this, but I later tried to patch the ISO with an english version patch which actually worked. (I got the Final Mix + jp Import) The speech bubbles and stuff are still in japanese but the Voices and HUD are in english. I just recently noticed that sometimes things in the HUD or in the ability selection are not being displayed or weird things like an endless number of the same japanese letter (or other weird things with numbers or question marks) are being displayed, which afterwards lead to crashes. Its just weird that some friends of mine tried the same version on their computers but they dont experience the same issues as I do.
Hmm, something must have gone wrong with the patching process, or the version of the translation patch you have is old/incorrect.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(04-18-2017, 12:54 AM)refraction Wrote: Hmm, something must have gone wrong with the patching process, or the version of the translation patch you have is old/incorrect.

I dont know. Those wrongly displayed information in the HUD are occuring randomly. Sometimes everything is being displayed just fine, but sometimes it just displays random letters and numbers.
tried using the patched version on your PS2 console ?
do you get the same problem ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Try patching it with this:

http://crazycatz00.x10host.com/KH/kh2_patches.html

It's currently the newest patch out there and makes use of KH 2.5 HD remix stuff (Final Mix exclusive cutscenes, audio, translations, etc).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(04-18-2017, 11:17 AM)Ryudo Wrote: Try patching it with this:

http://crazycatz00.x10host.com/KH/kh2_patches.html

It's currently the newest patch out there and makes use of KH 2.5 HD remix stuff (Final Mix exclusive cutscenes, audio, translations, etc).

I will try that. I just found out that the patch I used didnt patch everything for Final Mix. Some cutscenes are simply without any audio. lel