KH2FM Randomizer Trouble -- Issue with pnach?
Hey all;

I have followed necessary documentation to patch a KH2FM iso so that it can be "randomized". i can go into more detail here if needed, but i feel that this process has been done correctly so it is likely not the culprit. but, i am having an issue and I am not sure how to debug further. i have downloaded 2 pnach files ; one is a so-called Garden of Assemblage pnach and one is the randomized seed data, etc. I am noticing an issue with the former pnach. I will upload the emuLog in a subsequent post; for some reason i am unable to upload a file directly it seems so i may end up posting it as a text dump. my apologies for that
Anyway, i see a lot of TLB miss codes, underflow errors, 8bit read errors, things of that nature -- this happens when the `Playstation 2` splashscreen comes up, and the game does not progress farther than that. I have tried editing the pnach files to use `word` instead of `extended` in the second to last column. This allows the game to boot past the splash screen, but when i try to start a new game i get an error about an undefined syscall. i am at a loss; i have checked with the KH2FM randomizer discord and it seems like (now) i am doing everything properly -- but i imagine the logs have some information vital for debugging that will help me identify where my error is. the problem is, i am pretty much a novice with PCSX2 so i am not sure what i should be trying to parse from the logs. i have also tried various permutations of things -- different patches, different bios settings, disabling speedhacks, etc, to no avail. any help is appreciated!

i am on fedora 33, PCSX version is 1.6.0
emuLog to follow in the next post. i can also post the emulog from when i try to run with the modified pnach (changing `extended` to `word`) but since the pnach files are supposed to work as is, i will start there

Sponsored links

trying to upload the emulog (i had to downsample because the file was too big, hopefully it is not missing too much info)
ok sorry that took so long. i truncated the file quite a bit to get it to upload, please let me know if you need me to fix this and upload a more complete file:

Attached Files
.txt   abridged_pcsx2logs.txt (Size: 80,22 KB / Downloads: 134)