Katamari Damaci and We Love Katamari Slowdown issues
I am currently running on a very high end system (i5 Sandy Bridge GeForce GTX 560 Ti 4GB Ram on Windows 7) and am able to run alot of games at 3-5x resolution, however with the Katamari games, I get occasional slowdown. I first thought it was my computer when the Katamari gets too big, but the slowdown only happens for 10 seconds then the game returns to perfect framerate. It seems to happen more often than not when the little pink butterflies fly out of the bottom right corner of the screen, however sometimes it just slows down for no visible reason.

Both games are the NTSC versions, running from the original discs and the issue occurs even on Native resolution.

Any suggestions on what I can do to solve this please?

I can post full specs if someone tells me where to go to get what is needed for people here to help troubleshoot. (First post on these forums since getting the emulator, and have to say it is absolutely fantastic, and a testament to the work put into it Smile )

Also any news on a new release?

Edit: Stroke of genious struck, made ISO images and tried running from them..... same issue Sad

Sponsored links

grab the latest beta from here http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

go to the speedhacks and enable "MTVU" in the bottom left and see if that helps.

if not, try bringing your res down Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

And we have 100% perfect emulation! (all I did was download the latest beta of the emulator in the end, no config changes or adjustments needed at all ^_^)

Refraction, if you were more than just a forum face, I would give you some very tender man love!

Thank you so much Smile
sweet! ill keep it in mind incase the mrs dumps me Tongue

I know I said it above, but thanks again for this emulator, it's getting better and better, and for something you do as a project,it's incredible. You are a testament to the emulation community.

Just fished my old copy of FFX out of my PS2 (had to jab it with a pin to get my disc out as my power cable is missing, hence the emulation kick) and popped it into this new build, running at 6x, and buttery smooth, with almost 100% perfect emulation.

Jak and Daxter still has slowdown and black eye syndrome, but thats for a later build im sure.

Thank you for taking my next few months of life from me Laugh
software mode solves the black eye syndrome in jak and daxter, i cant say much for the slowdown, fiddling with speedhacks till something works well i guess!

Quick question, does anyone know how I can get either of these games working with the movies too (as currently I have to disable the movie sequences in hacks otherwise the game hangs when the intro starts).

Would be great as the video sequences are crazy for this game Laugh
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU @ 3.30GHz (4CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
GFX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Sound: Realtek HD Audio (Onboard)
(09-30-2011, 10:40 AM)Zvahl Wrote: does anyone know how I can get either of these games working with the movies too

In your PS2 or probably a PS3 with backwards compatibility too Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-30-2011, 11:13 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: In your PS2 or probably a PS3 with backwards compatibility too Tongue2

It doesn't play in my PS3, and it plays fine in my PS2, but the main reason im emulating is because I am trying to clear more boxes off my desk. My Wii is packed up, and my PS2 is too although I pulled it out from under the bed 4 times since downloading PCSX2 just to test that my games hadn't rotted into disrepair Laugh
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU @ 3.30GHz (4CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
GFX Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Sound: Realtek HD Audio (Onboard)