Katamari Damacy Slowdowns
I got Katamari Damacy working, but every few minutes it slows down to 30% emulation speed and stays there for a few minutes, then goes back to normal speed. This happens in the middle of a level with no known triggers. What could be causing the game to slow down randomly then again randomly correct itself?

Sponsored links

I can't get Katamari Damacy to run under PG 636 or the latest SVN as of this writing. It gets to the following point, waits a few seconds, nothing shows up on screen, and then crashes with a memory cannot be read error:

* PCSX2 *: ExecuteBios Complete
loadElfFile: cdrom0\SLUS_210.08;1
loadElfFile: 7049848

This is using Run CD/DVD. It works if I use Execute, but of course patches aren't applied, it doesn't pass the FMV, and locks.
(01-28-2009, 06:37 PM)Steve Wrote: I got Katamari Damacy working, but every few minutes it slows down to 30% emulation speed and stays there for a few minutes, then goes back to normal speed. This happens in the middle of a level with no known triggers. What could be causing the game to slow down randomly then again randomly correct itself?

Do you have major graphical artifacts all over the screen from various objects? IMO, it's impossible to play with them. I had no random slowdowns though, it just slowed every time the katamari got too big.
The artifacts are playable, but the thing that really makes it unplayable for me are the slowdowns; it's like I'm stuck in a tar pit for 2 minutes.