Keyboard Unresponsive
Hello.

I just downloaded and installed PCSX2 and so far I've run into a couple of problems. I'll start by posting my specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.3GHZ
GFX: AMD Radeon HD 6800 (2803 MB)
RAM: 4096 MB

The first problem I ran into is running the game itself, Dynasty Warriors 5. The log just kept switching between PAL and NTSC and the screen only showed a warped image before switching back to the PS2 setup screen where you have the two Memory Cards and the Disc.

I fixed that by running the Fast CD boot instead of the Full one.

Now, however, my keys are unresponsive.

All my settings are on default (literally all settings, from emulator, to video, to sound) apart from the Pad 1 settings which keys I've bound to my keyboard buttons. The odd thing is that they respond perfectly on the PS2 setup screen with the two Memory Cards and the Disc but not in-game.

Also, the game happens to freeze at a point in the intro movie, but I hope I can fix that by skipping it when the keyboard works.

I'm not including the log because it doesn't show any error.

Thanks in advance,

Goiya

EDIT: I now tried Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires too. Same, keys not responding. This time the intro movie plays without trouble though, so I'll blame that on the particular .iso I use for Dynasty Warriors 5.

Sponsored links

Are you using PCSX2 0.9.8? Makes sure you have assigned keys to both the D-pad and the left analog stick. DW5 should work fine. DW5 empires is not working as far as I know yet
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thank you for the quick reply.

Indeed I'm using PCSX2 0.9.8. Apparently mapping the D-pad keys as well fixed the problem, though I'm not sure why as I assumed these are the directional keys on the PS2 controller and I'm not using those to skip a movie or perform an action. Anyhows, it's fixed, thanks!

DW5 works fine indeed. Experimented with DW5 Empires but it freezes as soon you start out on the battlefield Smile.

Feel free to close this thread!