Keyboard at times stops responding
(06-25-2014, 09:19 PM)jtman32 Wrote: Well, unfortunately running as the administrator did absolutely nothing to change that, I downloaded it manually from your link and it seems to be the same situation it wont moved past initializing. Ive attached an image, is it by any chance because i already have something similar that it just wont install ?

Many new games already require VS runtime 2013, so this is a problem you should probably get fixed regardless of PCSX2, and preferably sooner rather than later.

Specifically for PCSX2, you could either ask someone with VS2010 to build the latest PCSX2 for you, or, if you have some time and you're willing to experiment, try building PCSX2 yourself - it's possible with freely available tools (Visual Studio 2010 express should be enough IIRC).

But really, you should find how to install the VC2013 runtime and get PCSX2 1.2.1. If I were you and would consistently fail to install it, I'd even consider reinstalling windows...

Sponsored links

(06-25-2014, 09:30 PM)jtman32 Wrote: Well, I let the setup idle and it FINALLY worked itself out. Im going to try and install the emulator now and hopefully Ill be playng happily soon. Will I still be able to use my saved game data from before? If not that would epically suck.

just copy your memory cards from your old pcsx2 directory and put them in the new one then mount them, they will work fine Smile

only savestates are non-transferrable, so if you've been using them instead of proper ingame saves, i suggest you load up the savestate on your old copy, save the game properly, then transfer the memorycard.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-25-2014, 09:30 PM)avih Wrote: Many new games already require VS runtime 2013, so this is a problem you should probably get fixed regardless of PCSX2, and preferably sooner rather than later.

Specifically for PCSX2, you could either ask someone with VS2010 to build the latest PCSX2 for you, or, if you have some time and you're willing to experiment, try building PCSX2 yourself - it's possible with freely available tools (Visual Studio 2010 express should be enough IIRC).

But really, you should find how to install the VC2013 runtime and get PCSX2 1.2.1. If I were you and would consistently fail to install it, I'd even consider reinstalling windows...

For whatever reason after it idled for 15 minutes it finally initialized and setup, thanks for the tip though I really appreciate it. I now have pcsx1.2.1 running, and look forward to booting it up later and seeing how the gameplay goes

(06-25-2014, 09:49 PM)refraction Wrote: just copy your memory cards from your old pcsx2 directory and put them in the new one then mount them, they will work fine Smile

only savestates are non-transferrable, so if you've been using them instead of proper ingame saves, i suggest you load up the savestate on your old copy, save the game properly, then transfer the memorycard.

Awesome, thanks for all your help. I was actually able to resolve the problems with your help and no, I always use the in game saves I heard that the save states can make the emulator crash.
Good man Smile You are going to do fine Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]