Keyboard control trouble in Castlevania:LOI
Hello,

I'm having trouble with controls in Lament of Innocence. I don't have a game controller so I'm using my laptop's keyboard.

I've configured LilyPAD to WindowsMessaging, disabled the mouse control and mapped the keyboard keys.

All of them work fine except the movement controls. They bring up the Items Menu.

I tried using the DirectInput Setting instead of WindowsMessaging but again the movement keys work.

I've also tried using SSSPSX PAD and TwinPAD but both get the same limited results.

Is the problem system related then?
I've put screen shots of the settings below. My laptop is Win 8. 64-bit. If I need to add any logs or anything please tell me.

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Try mapping the arrow keys to the analog stick instead of the dpad.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Yes, quite possible the d-pad is used for menu navigation (like in Kingdom Hearts series) and instead you need to map the left analog to move around.

Also, you might find this useful: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sample-Li...pid=297144
Wow, I totally overlooked that option. I tried it out and it works just fine in LilyPAD.

Thanks very much for the fast response, and sorry for the n00bness.

Laugh
(11-06-2013, 12:01 AM)JustMeee Wrote: Wow, I totally overlooked that option. I tried it out and it works just fine in LilyPAD.

Thanks very much for the fast response, and sorry for the n00bness.

Laugh

No problem, have fun! Don't hesitate to ask any other questions you have, people here are 95% helpful! lol
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD