Keyboard strange problem
I use an XBox 360 controller. And no, you don't need the one labeled 'For Windows'. Any corded 360 controller has plug and play capability with Windows. The only difference between them is the 'For Windows' version comes with a driver, which can be downloaded online anyhow and should be, even if using the one labeled 'For Windows', to make sure it is up to date. The only thing I would suggest is, if using the 360 controller, when setting up your analog sticks (especially the left one) in Lilypad, make sure you kick the sensitivity up on all axis' just a little or you will have movement issues in certain games.

Sponsored links

(04-10-2013, 04:29 PM)DragonSyn Wrote: I use an XBox 360 controller. And no, you don't need the one labeled 'For Windows'. Any corded 360 controller has plug and play capability with Windows. The only difference between them is the 'For Windows' version comes with a driver, which can be downloaded online anyhow and should be, even if using the one labeled 'For Windows', to make sure it is up to date. The only thing I would suggest is, if using the 360 controller, when setting up your analog sticks (especially the left one) in Lilypad, make sure you kick the sensitivity up on all axis' just a little or you will have movement issues in certain games.

oh ok thanks 4 u'r help.is xbox360 controller work with all platforms ps2,ps3 (in future if i'll use any ps3 emulator) & in all pc games?
In essence, any controller can be used with anything by using binding programs such as XPadder, Joy2Key, etc.. As for whether the XBox controller is supported, that depends on the game. Most modern PC games directly support the 360 controller above all else. Even if a game doesn't support a controller, you can emulate keyboard strokes with the above mentioned programs. That's not to say it would be ideal. For example, best to keep first person shooters to the mouse and keyboard, unless there is some type of auto or sticky targeting.

EDIT: Sorry, may be a bit confusing. Should have said any controller recognizable by Windows. Don't want you trying to plug a GameCube controller in there. Tongue
(04-10-2013, 07:26 PM)DragonSyn Wrote: In essence, any controller can be used with anything by using binding programs such as XPadder, Joy2Key, etc.. As for whether the XBox controller is supported, that depends on the game. Most modern PC games directly support the 360 controller above all else. Even if a game doesn't support a controller, you can emulate keyboard strokes with the above mentioned programs. That's not to say it would be ideal. For example, best to keep first person shooters to the mouse and keyboard, unless there is some type of auto or sticky targeting.

EDIT: Sorry, may be a bit confusing. Should have said any controller recognizable by Windows. Don't want you trying to plug a GameCube controller in there. Tongue

ok,now i'm planning to buy a ps2 controller.because i tested a usb ps2 controller borrowed from my frnd.it was working with pcsx2 & all pc games which i tested with it.old games was also working.forget about ps3 for now.i'll search more & buy a best one Smile
I beware u guys before it's too late.whatever version i install in my computer.it giving me problems with keyboard keys.whether i install official 1.0.0 or any svn.my left arrow key stop working & num keys also(i know u have to press numlock in order to num keys work,but num lock on,off no change).this only happens when i start pcsx2 & start playing with keyboard,no problem with ps2 usb controller (i checked with my frnd's controller).btw no problem in pc games,they're working fine with those keys.no change whether i select windows messaging,raw input or direct input.this is very strange,i'm using pcsx2 from 7-8 months,no problem before.i know it's not my hardware problem.because it's working fine in almost every place.also i re-installed windows.problem only start when i start pcsx2.i never used any third party tool to control anything or hotkeys etc.problem is from pcsx2 side.i don't know which things changed in it or which things not.i'm not going to use it untill i buy a usb controller for it.but i'm very afraid to use it again.i'm only here to beware u all.forgive me if i wrongly said anything.i re-installed window two times.first time i again did mistake to start pcsx2 & tried to play with my keboard.again keys stopped working.so then i again re-installed windows.keys againstart working.

Note-i can play untill hours with pc games,but problem only start when i start to play with pcsx2.so clearly it's pcsx2.i don't know how to make a valid bug report.but from my side it's totally valid.u can close this thread,mark as not valid bug report,as u wish.but it's my duty to tell u about it.i don't know how many ppl playing with keyboard or how many with controllers.my windows is pure clean beacuse i re-installed it.i didn't install anything when i re-installed windows.only official version pcsx2 1.0.0 (r5350) from offical site http://pcsx2.net & i installed avastantivirus from beggining when i re-installed windows.first time i did mistake to start it.now second time when i re-installed windows,i didn't touched pcsx2.now everything working fine in every place e.g.games,application,general work etc.u should took attention to it before it's too late.plz fix it asap.thanks & regards!!

Edit-i know similar thread of mine is in general discussion & support section.but i only made thread here because u can took attention to it (my english is not good,hope u understood everything Smile)

Edit 2-refraction closed my thread in bug report section.because he think it's only my problem & i made 2 threads 1 here & sorry refraction i didn't gave space in paragraph,it's my browser problem.seriously guys it's a serious problem.i don't know how many users have this problem or how many not.but it's very strange that emulator working for me from 7-8 months & now i got this problem.something has changed in the emulator,i don't know what.my windows is clean & pc is working fine till now (i didn't touched pcsx2).now guys u can share u'r thoughts about it.
If your keyboard is USB and the Gamepad is aswell, it is possible that those 2 are incompatible with eachother, also make sure that you downloaded the latest drivers/software for the keyboard + gamepad (Where the gamepad, probably will be recognized automatically by windows 7, like my xbox 360 controller after installing the driver for the wireless receiver) Smile
(04-11-2013, 11:31 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: If your keyboard is USB and the Gamepad is aswell, it is possible that those 2 are incompatible with eachother, also make sure that you downloaded the latest drivers/software for the keyboard + gamepad (Where the gamepad, probably will be recognized automatically by windows 7, like my xbox 360 controller after installing the driver for the wireless receiver) Smile

no my keyboard is not usb keyboard,it's original one that cam with computer & about drivers i always keep drivers up to date.as i said before problem only starts when i start pcsx2.something changed in it,i don't know what.i think all users playing with gamepads,not with keyboard.that's why they didn't complained about it.that's very strange my windows is same,drivers are same (up to date).it's clearly pcsx2.don't mind if i was too rude Smile
Update-i just bought ps2 Dualshock 2 usb controller today.it's working great.i think now no problem with keyboard,because now i'm using usb controller.i was wrong that speedhacks messed with my hardware,that's why keyboard keys stopped working.it's not speedhacks,it's clearly pcsx2 problem with keyboards.pcsx2 team should fix it asap.because if newbies try to play with their keyboard,it'll mess with their hardware.so it's a big issue solve it.hope u'll take a strong action to it Smile
Update-Guys i found the problem.keyboard problem is in newer svns.i just found my saved memcards in computer drive.which i named pcsx2 5581 memcards.so i remembered that when i was playing with pcsx2 5581 svn,keyboard problem was not there.so i downloaded pcsx2 5581 again today & tested with my keyboard.now keyboard keys working fine.so problem is in newer svns & official pcsx2 version also.i think keyboard problem is not in pcsx2 5581 & in previous svns.so problem can be in lilypad plugin or in whole configuration,usb controllers working fine (i'm playing with usb controller now Wink).so plz fix this problem because if newbies trying to play with official version or newer svns,they'll get problem with keyboard keys.so if u can't fix this problem in all svns,atleast fix this in official version,Thanks in advance!! Smile

(My english is not good,Hope u understood all things,cheers!!)
Can any staff member comment on it,can they fix it? I don't need it because i already playing with usb controller.but what about those ppl who want to play with keyboard? I'm only saying because i want pcsx2 keep bug free Smile