Killzone and PCSX2 1.6 ... ?
Hi to everyone.  Question - does Killzone run any better on PCSX2 1.6 than it did on 1.4?  How does it run in software and hardware mode?  When I had Killzone before, I had to run it in software mode, but it was slow.  In hardware mode, the game was glitchy (if I remember right, it had horizontal lines that went down the screen, and made it unplayable).  Am thinking about buying an used copy again if it sounds like 1.6 handles Killzone better than 1.4 did.  Thanks in advance; appreciate it.

Sponsored links

Hey, just been playing Killzone on the latest update and it plays sooo much better than on 1.4! A lot smoother, no graphical glitches or stuttering and also on a higher resolution! The specs on the laptop I was playing it on are -
cpu- i5 6300hq
gpu- 960m
Ram- 8gb
(mid level and a few years old now)
Had a quick 10 kills deathmatch on beachhead with 4 computer enemies and it ran great. Still yet to try single player. Also gave 'Black' a quick go through the first two levels and the first level of 'XIII' both ran beautifully. All in all massive improvements on all the games I've tried. (Played in Hardware Mode too)
(05-08-2020, 06:55 PM)Saybia Wrote: Hey, just been playing Killzone on the latest update and it plays sooo much better than on 1.4! A lot smoother, no graphical glitches or stuttering and also on a higher resolution! The specs on the laptop I was playing it on are -
cpu- i5 6300hq
gpu- 960m
Ram- 8gb
(mid level and a few years old now)
Had a quick 10 kills deathmatch on beachhead with 4 computer enemies and it ran great. Still yet to try single player. Also gave 'Black' a quick go through the first two levels and the first level of 'XIII' both ran beautifully. All in all massive improvements on all the games I've tried. (Played in Hardware Mode too)

Thanks so much; this is very helpful.  Guess I'll be ordering an used copy of Killzone.  Cheers.