Killzone pause screen
Since the only way to play killzone is with the software renderer because all hw backends have the bottom half screen issue.  The pause screen runs very, very slow but it's not graphically intensive at all.  What is causing this huge slowdown in the pause screen

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Because you're using the software renderer, you have a CPU bottleneck. I still recommend using the HW renderer instead.
But it makes no sense, I run killzone full speed, even in the graphics intensive areas. Only issue is the pause screen menu, which seems the easiest to emulate.
(01-06-2019, 01:47 AM)Mahir85 Wrote: But it makes no sense, I run killzone full speed, even in the graphics intensive areas. Only issue is the pause screen menu, which seems the easiest to emulate.
It's not. The pause menu has its' own host of grapical effects that slow down emulation.
(01-05-2019, 08:55 PM)Mahir85 Wrote: Since the only way to play killzone is with the software renderer because all hw backends have the bottom half screen issue.  The pause screen runs very, very slow but it's not graphically intensive at all.  What is causing this huge slowdown in the pause screen
use skipdraw 1 or 2 for hardware mode to get rid of half screen. post processing will be affected as well though.  or play it on RPCS3 if you own the PS3 version. it works really well now
what kind of hardware do you need for ps3 emulation?
I know it's getting out of topic, but if you have the specs that are somewhat similar to mine or better, then you are good. My signature has my specs in terms of the GPU and CPU. Also if you want help about the emulator, then either post in the Chatterbox forum or get help in the RPCS3 forums.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!