Kim Possible What's the Switch Cutscene Lag
Hi all. Ive been on a nostalgia trip latley and ive been watching kim possible(oh my childhood Laugh) anyway, I decided to check out Kim possible what's the switch for the ps2. The game runs great. UNFORTUNATLEY the cutscenes lllaaaaaagggggg like none other. the cutscenes are rendered, not FMV, but no matter how i change the resolution, no matter if i change to d3d9, it lags extremely slow. There is no reason this should be happening were it not for the emulator, as I have the new 780 Ti. Can anyone help with this, or is this something I would have to take up with one of the pcsx2 devs?
Specs
CPU: i5 2320
GPU: GTX 780 Ti
RAM: 16GB

Sponsored links

looks like this game hasn't been tested yet.
what do the ee% & gs% display when getting slowdowns ?
tried speedhacks ?

Quote:There is no reason this should be happening were it not for the emulator, as I have the new 780 Ti
unless you push internal resolution too high, the most important thing for pcsx2 is your CPU's performance.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-28-2014, 03:41 AM)jesalvein Wrote: looks like this game hasn't been tested yet.
what do the ee% & gs% display when getting slowdowns ?
tried speedhacks ?

unless you push internal resolution too high, the most important thing for pcsx2 is your CPU's performance.

I don't know how each speed hack affects gameplay, but I have fiddled with them to no good...heres a screen cap at nativ resolution
[Image: untitled4_by_winchester7314-d789jkk.png]
looks like your CPU is struggling.
Maybe you could give a try to software mode with 3 extra threads. But i can't guarantee since I think you're the first one to test this game.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-28-2014, 03:55 AM)jesalvein Wrote: looks like your CPU is struggling.
Maybe you could give a try to software mode with 3 extra threads. But i can't guarantee since I think you're the first one to test this game.
just tried this, and still get the lag. I feel like its a different issue, as the gameplay of the game is great. It doesnt lag at all in-game. Its just the cutscenes, but thats one of the best parts of the game Tongue
Set the VU cycle steal speedhack to 1 or 2. The game reacts a lot to that.
(02-28-2014, 01:45 PM)rama Wrote: Set the VU cycle steal speedhack to 1 or 2. The game reacts a lot to that.
This worked great! Thanks! setting it to 2 was best Laugh