Kingdom Hearts 1 Bad Quality
Information 
I've been playing KH1 on my PS2 and the quality sucked pretty hard. Even after I got a component cable, the quality was still the same. I tried different resolutions in the PS2 menu but that didn't work. I have a HD TV (which is why I bought a component cable, since the default cable is worse), it's a Toshiba 46tl838. When I tried KH on the PCSX2 Emulator on Native (And native is ORIGINAL resolution), it was also pixelated, just like on my TV. Is it because the game itself is pretty old and thus there would be more pixels than newer games? I really hope that's the case, so I can just blame the game. I don't want to blame my TV or my cable which I spent 15 euros on. So is it just because Kingdom Hearts is pretty old? If the Native resolution on PCSX2 is the original resolution, then that means it's the game's actual resolution that makes it somewhat pixelated.
edit: Seriously? I made it pretty clear I'm talking about my actual PS2, not the emulator.
Processor: AMD A8-3800 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~ 2.4 GHz
RAM: 4096MB = 4.1 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti

Sponsored links

Moved to support.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

If you want better resolution just change it to 2x native (4 times as many pixles and probably 4x harder on your hardware but I don't think it will be an issue here)

You can go even higher than 2x native if your computer can handle it. You can also enable MSAA for a decent quality boost. I would suggest 2x native + MSAA before trying 3x native.

For more information on configuring see the official configuration video.
(05-08-2013, 03:26 PM)rypofalem Wrote: If you want better resolution just change it to 2x native (4 times as many pixles and probably 4x harder on your hardware but I don't think it will be an issue here)

You can go even higher than 2x native if your computer can handle it. You can also enable MSAA for a decent quality boost. I would suggest 2x native + MSAA before trying 3x native.

For more information on configuring see the official configuration video.
Can you read the post? I said PS2
Your question was both for the emulator and your PS2. Also the guy apparently was trying to help, no need to react like that.

Yes the game is just that low res, if that's what you're asking (the OP was confusing)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-08-2013, 03:40 PM)Bositman Wrote: Your question was both for the emulator and your PS2. Also the guy apparently was trying to help, no need to react like that.

Yes the game is just that low res, if that's what you're asking (the OP was confusing)
So it really is pixelated pretty bad on the actual console? In Let's Plays that I've seen (actual PS2) there is no pixels.. But that's probably because recording records the actual resolution.
It's less visible on the TV but it's there
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-08-2013, 03:55 PM)Bositman Wrote: It's less visible on the TV but it's there
It's fully visible on my TV Blink
Oh well, I guess it's just the game. Is Kingdom Hearts 2 pixelated or did they fix that? It came out 3 years after the first game after all, so they fixed the graphics, right?
Note: This is most obvious with, for example, Sora's eyes when he's looking at you. They're all fuzzy and pixelated and look pretty weird.
Thats how all ps2 games are. On a tv (old one) you see the pixels less because it blurs slightly
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-08-2013, 04:24 PM)refraction Wrote: Thats how all ps2 games are. On a tv (old one) you see the pixels less because it blurs slightly
Nope. ''newer'' PS2 games look better when you use a component cable since they support progressive scan. Apparently, almost none of Square Enix's PS2 releases have progressive scan. Goddamn you Square, y u be a pain in the ass for modern TVs?