Kingdom Hearts 2
Hello ^^

I am sorry if this is an inappropriate first post and the subject matter has probably been in question before, but I am having some trouble running Kingdom Hearts 2 in a playable form through PCX2.

It is very slow and unplayable.
I get 10 fps when walking around town.
And it looks Ugly.

My Specs are :
Intel Pentium 4 Dual Core CPU 3.00 GHz
2 GB of RAM
OS = Vista Home Basic 32 bit.
I believe the Graphics card is
VisionTek Radeon x1300 or that may be the driver.
And I am using the latest DirectX updates.

In the event that more information is needed, I can probably provide it.
Are the specifications provided enough to run KH2 on PCSX2 Speed.
I assume I just have bad Configuration settings set up, or at least I hope so. If my system is too outdated to run it, then that is fine. I am building another computer during this summer period.
Current Configurations:
I just took the Print Screens, if that is ok.
General:
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6/configurations.jpg
Graphics Config
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6/configurations.jpg
SpeedHacks
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7986/speedhacks.jpg

I trust that if I made a mistake, or if other information is needed, then I will be told so.

Sponsored links

in speed hacks use x2 cycle rate and for graphics plugin use gsdx.That must solve this.
1. run the game from hdd as an iso file with linuziso as cd/dvd plugin.
2. your graphics config looks like your general config Tongue
3. you got vista, try gsdx in dx10 mode. make sure you use the latest beta revision of it from this forum or your ati card might be unable to use it's full potential in pcsx2. just saw your card model, no dx10, sorry -.-', but try the newest gsdx anyway.
4. also update pcsx2 and the other plugins to the latest forum betas, you'll get a new speed hack called "vu cycle stealing", set it to moderate speedup.
5. your system will be able to run it, but probably not full speed, even with all speed hacks.
6. use the same pad plugin for both controllers.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Wow that was an immediate boost in Quality, and the movies run a full speed.
The only problem occurring now is the sound quality. Ill try the other plugins (I really wish I would have just done the normal thing and play around with everything after reading the official guide. Now I look silly.) Smile

I think you for the help DarkDante (Nice name by the way.) and I am sorry for troubling you with something that appears to be utterly simple.
And Zero99 I thank you for the help as well, especially the update pcsx2 and running the game from the iso.

Are there any speed hacks that cause problems, and such with this game?
(06-17-2009, 12:29 PM)FallenAngel Wrote: Are there any speed hacks that cause problems, and such with this game?
well as much as i know none of the speed hacks cause any problems in this game Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(06-17-2009, 01:28 PM)LuisR14 Wrote:
(06-17-2009, 12:29 PM)FallenAngel Wrote: Are there any speed hacks that cause problems, and such with this game?
well as much as i know none of the speed hacks cause any problems in this game Smile

Thank you.

The sound configuration is a little off, but I can deal with that.
nvm, It was still being used by PowerISO. Doh Smile

Um, I tested some more gameplay, and it is running atrociously slow.
I am getting 5 FPS in the begging of twilight Town, when you are supposed to move towards the Amour Shop.

Any ideas as to what is causing the extreme slowdown, or is that normal?
If you are already using the latest GSdx beta,it must be that Ati card you have...does the GSdx window report 99% CPU usage in that spot?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yes, that is what it is reporting.
Then try to set native res in gsdx plugin option or 512 x 512. Seem your gpu get a limit.3
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
I am still getting around 9 FPS now.

I guess maybe my system is just not going to run the game effectively?