Kingdom Hearts 2: Black shadow/ghosting during cutscenes
(02-26-2014, 11:18 AM)arithine Wrote: It's not just the up-scaling, the shader boost really makes it in my opinion.

Could you believe I couldn't talk my friend out of buying a ps2 instead of using the emulator even after showing him the difference it makes?

wouldn't change anything since he would have to buy a PS2 to use the emulator
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

Turn off "Enable Shade Boost" and "Enable FX Shader"
(02-26-2014, 04:27 PM)jesalvein Wrote: wouldn't change anything since he would have to buy a PS2 to use the emulator

He could use my bios and just buy the games right? (I hope thats not against the rules)
(02-27-2014, 01:45 AM)arithine Wrote: He could use my bios and just buy the games right? (I hope thats not against the rules)

No that would be piracy. He must own his OWN console.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Did This issue ever get solved? I'm having the same problem. Around Skipdraw 42 (I think it was) the ghosting effect goes away, but as you can imagine.. so does a lot of other critical things.

I've also toggled on and off every option known to man.

I know it's an issue with upscaling the original resolution, but is there still not a fix to a problem that is 3+ years old when upscaling a game?

I attached 2 SS's of my examples.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It might be possible to disable these blurry layers:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid387294
Well like I said, at Skip Draw 40+ ish. it goes away.. just lots of other things introduced w/ that (like no backgrounds for example).
Here are a few more SS. What's weird is on a lot of scenes, there is nothing blurry.. but then again nothing in the long background or whatever (hard to explain).

It's very odd, not sure if it's just an issue with the way the game does it's "focus" on cutscenes or not.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I believe it's a depth of field effect.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(07-15-2014, 10:02 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: I believe it's a depth of field effect.

yeah, that looks like a DOF effect for sure.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]