Kingdom Hearts 2 FInal Mix Tex/ISO problems
Hello, I was wondering if anybody could help me. The problem is I can't get the KH2.IMG file to match with the original. I've did some redesigning of textures for the Sora model in hopes that I could make him cooler. But when I try to repack all the files that I extracted from both the .IDX and .IMG (originals) I end up getting a file significantly smaller than the original .IMG. The new file I end up creating is 820mb while the original is 2.07gb. I've been all over multiple forums and all over Google and Youtube but I can't seem to find out how to get my textures into the game. I've tried using PS2DIS through a tutorial I found on Youtube but it only works for specific area you are changing and even then I think its for the models and textures inside of the game. I'm completely lost on how to get this to work, I've seen videos of people online who has perfectly edited textures of models that work throughout world movement but I can't seem to figure out how they did it. I don't know if you all need to know which .MDLX files I edited but I've changed the normal Sora model for game play and the Hi-Poly Sora so that the edited textures show up in cutscenes. I was super excited to try and do this but now I'm just bummed out because it seems like its not as easy as extracting, editing and repacking hoping that it will work. Any help will be greatly appreciated. P.S I own the actual KH2FM disc I justplay on PCSX2 for better graphics and more freedom for trying to edit

Sponsored links

bump?
AFAIK nobody did this in this forum. So I guess that there is no real knowledge around.

If you would propose the idea I would say it is almost impossible. But obviously you found a trustworthy source claiming that it works. I would dig deeper in that direction than looking for a solution here..

(Btw. I am talking about injecting different textures. Why the repacking doesn't work I have no idea. I would expect that repacking works but with slightly different size and that game crashes on loading the injected textures...)