Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix
Having some serious frame rate issues despite playing around with the settings. Been tinkering with different plugins and speedhack configs for the last two days. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Here are specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120305-1505)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: P5KC
BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/25/08 18:03:13 Ver: 08.00.12
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8192MB RAM
Page File: 2570MB used, 22001MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9800 GTX/9800 GTX+
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 4071 MB
Dedicated Memory: 487 MB
Shared Memory: 3583 MB

Sponsored links

Your graphics card is more than enough for all scenes of this game, what is limiting you is CPU speed. Use the latest SVN:
http://pcsx2.net/svn.php and check the new MTVU speed hack (and all the other ones with [recommended] besides them)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I can be wrong here and not sure if it was a hardware or a driver issue, but the 9800GT(X) cards were terrible under Windows 7 (Compatibility??). My friend had one and he had nothing but FPS troubles with normal PC Games and even with PCSX2, until he bought a 58xx card which solved all his problems. Smile
I own a 9800GTX, it's the best gfx card purchase I ever made. It can pull off almost 3x in all games, 4x in some and no driver problems ever.
There are no Driver issues with the 9800GTX

There are however, some failures with early revision chips (the 8800 G92 rebrands 65nm 9800GT) caused by bad bumps (the trace solder between the pcb and gpu itself) when installing Release 260+ drivers. (a side effect of using the gpu more efficiently)

Bositman, is your card a 9800GTX(G92/65nm) or 9800GTX+(G92b/55nm), if its the latter you should be good to go, but if its the former, you're very very lucky to have had it this long (maybe you have very good ambient/case temps?)

[Image: qzmd5l.jpg]

Affected part numbers
[Image: nvidia_g92_pcn_table.jpg?1241332151]
Even with those settings on im getting an average of about 37 fps. I wouldnt mind if there were just a little slow down, but this is unbearable. Other games I have run at a smooth 60 at x3, so I'm starting to suspect the game itself.
So you're using the MTVU hack and still getting speeds like that? Are you maybe running the game from the DVD disc? Any particular scene the slowdowns occur?
Squall: It's an EVGA 9800GTX+ G92 65nm, which I am also running OCed Wink
All the recommended speed hacks are on and MTVU. Running it from iso. The worst slow down is of course when there is alot happening on screen. The shiny typical final fantasy effects seem to affect me the worst.

It seems like the more it has to draw in the background the slower things get.
Weird...care to post all your PCSX2 settings? Also try checking 'native' in GSdx and see if that boosts the FPS (so we can rule out the graphics card)
Is there a way to post this information aside from a slew of screenshots?