Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix 60fps hack.
(04-29-2013, 02:16 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Not really, I believe they didn't do it simply because they didn't want to change the feeling of the game (aesthetics direction-wise) and because it would add some extra work for their 3D function. You can actualy force PS3 to render the remaster on 1920x1080@30 + 2XMSAA with a hacked PS3 and it runs perfectly. Never-ever believe what people say on interviews, I already have concrete proof to prove false 4-5 stuff Square Enix said about a couple of their titles that I bet if I'd say/reveal them I'd end up get sued.

You know you should really share this info with neogaf members Ninja They were disappointed when I told them the game only runs at 720p 4xMSAA per the information you said.

Sponsored links

(04-29-2013, 02:34 AM)jadentheman Wrote: You know you should really share this info with neogaf members Ninja They were disappointed when I told them the game only runs at 720p 4xMSAA per the information you said.
It's not real 720p either.
920x720@30 2xMSAA (anamorphic)
I bet they did that because they couldn't keep 1280x720 with 3D and they wanted to give equal result wth 3D without anyone notice a difference.
Haven't tested 1920x1080@30 2xMSAA on 3D but I guess it won't work (freeze), but on 2D it works perfectly, no fps loss.
(04-29-2013, 01:00 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: It's not real 720p either.
920x720@30 2xMSAA (anamorphic)
I bet they did that because they couldn't keep 1280x720 with 3D and they wanted to give equal result wth 3D without anyone notice a difference.
Haven't tested 1920x1080@30 2xMSAA on 3D but I guess it won't work (freeze), but on 2D it works perfectly, no fps loss.

Does KH 1.5 even have a stereo 3D mode? I haven't heard of it or seen it on the game packaging. Maybe it's a feature they're saving fro the US/EU release? I know FFX remake will have 3D, but not so sure on KH.

Anyways forcing the game to render in 1080p sounds good to me when I buy a PS3 I'll make sure I will get one that can get a CFW
(04-29-2013, 03:57 PM)jadentheman Wrote: Does KH 1.5 even have a stereo 3D mode? I haven't heard of it or seen it on the game packaging. Maybe it's a feature they're saving fro the US/EU release? I know FFX remake will have 3D, but not so sure on KH.

Anyways forcing the game to render in 1080p sounds good to me when I buy a PS3 I'll make sure I will get one that can get a CFW

This is what I was doing until I got a YLOD and apparently doing that causes extra heat on RSX/CELL so it's even more prone to overheating.
Actually it seems to have a 3D mode, atleast hidden but I dont remember completely, I don't base my research on retail builds of games.
It plays well. The physics is very weird though. Apparently Youtube supports 720p60 so i could try uploading there. Im also curious about all you know with squares issues with there games. Im also bummed to hear about the resolution. There must be a good reason. I know they'd did other weird stuff with the game like crop the cutscenes (maybe to save memory) and Sephiroths fire pillars missing textures or some kind of bloom particle effect.
(04-30-2013, 11:26 PM)peronmls Wrote: It plays well. The physics is very weird though. Apparently Youtube supports 720p60 so i could try uploading there. Im also curious about all you know with squares issues with there games. Im also bummed to hear about the resolution. There must be a good reason. I know they'd did other weird stuff with the game like crop the cutscenes (maybe to save memory) and Sephiroths fire pillars missing textures or some kind of bloom particle effect.

Most possibly yhe source they based it on must not be from the final PS2 game build or that could be a mistake. I remember they forgot to put on a level a texture on Borderlands too. I never heard 720p60 on Youtube, to say even better, I never heard 60fps on Youtube at all. Hope it's real.
(05-01-2013, 03:00 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Most possibly yhe source they based it on must not be from the final PS2 game build or that could be a mistake. I remember they forgot to put on a level a texture on Borderlands too. I never heard 720p60 on Youtube, to say even better, I never heard 60fps on Youtube at all. Hope it's real.

HMM. I know PCSX2 gives the same missing texture thing if you run it in hardware mode. I made a thread here about and it got extremely off topic and nobody gave me a theory about it.Well youtube doesnt support 60FPS. buut I tried to upload it at half speed and enable HTML5 that way you can use the speed icon thing but HTML 5 wouldnt work when i uploaded the video for some reason. It works with everyone but that video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhamPScmrLQ

Enable HTML5 and it could look like that if youtube wasnt stupid.
http://www.youtube.com/html5
Did you follow the tutorial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsBXYHfYgmI
(05-02-2013, 03:37 PM)jadentheman Wrote: Did you follow the tutorial?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsBXYHfYgmI

Thats what I did but it still didnt work. Maybe because I uploaded it with x264 which youtubes HTML5 said Firefox didnt support. Will try with xvid or something.

EDIT: Well it works now. I guess I had to wait a few hours for some reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRIDrT5DSVk

heres the video I just uploaded. Maybe you guys could have better luck using HTML5 then I am.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCOQ960EQKA
// 60 FPS Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix
patch=1,EE,00349E1C,extended,00000000

// 60 FPS Kingdom Hearts 1 NTSC U/C
patch=1,EE,002B624C,extended,00000000

// 60 FPS Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix
patch=1,EE,002BBE0C,extended,00000000

// 60 FPS Kingdom Hearts 2 NTSC U/C
patch=1,EE,00356F4C,extended,00000000

// 60 FPS Kingdom Hearts 1 PAL
patch=1,EE,002B67CC,extended,00000000

These do not speed up music or background animations.

NOTE: These are FPS halving addresses. They are set to 1 by default which halves the FPS to 30. This value can be increased beyond 1 to enable perfect internal frameskipping without losing animation speed.
i5-3570k @4.7 GHz
GTX 570
Asus Z77 SABERTOOTH
12GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1666
Cooler Master Storm Scout & Corsair TX 650w