Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix + English Patch crashing on Pcsx2
So, I've been trying to play this game with an English patch just to have an easier time of equipping abilities, and I'm at the part where Roxas has to earn money for the trip to the beach. Well, after I do that part, I try to save at any other save point after the two cutscenes and it freezes when loading my memory card.

I've tried saving with and without cheats on, and with and without speedhacks on, but nothing seems to be working. So I'm wondering if this is an issue with the disc image itself. The game runs kinda slowly on my computer, generally between 35 and 55 fps (I know that's a big gap, but for whatever reason, any game I play seems to speed up after a few good sessions of gameplay). I'll post some computer specs, someone just needs to tell me where to find them again, because it's been a while. So yeah... any ideas?

P.S. I'm using PCSX2 1.0.0 release, since the newest revision seems to not like my computer.

Sponsored links

Please post your emulog.txt after It crashes, This will give your specs too.

Did you save using a savestate after enabling cheats?
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(01-23-2014, 06:23 AM)Donovan24 Wrote: Please post your emulog.txt after It crashes, This will give your specs too.

Did you save using a savestate after enabling cheats?

It just kind of hangs there, not an actual crash. No savestates. I'll post a screenshot for you so you know what I'm looking at here. Also, you know how I was saying that my computer tends to speed up gameplay after playing the game a few times? Well, now I get an average between 50 and 60 fps. XD

Where do I find the emulog.txt? Is it located in a specific folder, or do I have to have the emulator whip one up for me?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

This is a Emulog,check the image below in the attachement.

But what the specificals of you computer?Video card...processor...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 6054 MB
CPU name = Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
Vendor/Model = GenuineIntel (stepping 07)
CPU speed = 2.194 ghz (8 logical threads)
(Has Turbo, I think it goes up to 3.3 ghz)
Intel HD Graphics 3000
NVIDIA Geforce GT540M

That's actually more than it shows on the emulog.
Do you only have a japanese PS2 ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
No, I'm using PCSX2 with the right BIOS I think. I do have a US PS2 Slim that I play the untranslated version on thanks to SwapMagic. (A little off topic, I can't wait until 2.5 HD Remix comes out. Laugh )

Edit: I managed to get a different patch, and now I'm able to save at the point I was having trouble saving at before. Still, I think I'd like to figure out why that happened to begin with so I could troubleshoot it later if I have to, if you guys don't mind.
you arent using the right bios since you're not using the one you own.
Therefore, this is piracy.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go