Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix Lagging?
I'm trying to run KH2FM but get alot of lag. I have a computer capable of running Skyrim on ultra, so I have no idea why it is lagging. I looked at my settings but I don't have much technical know-how. Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored links

(05-05-2014, 06:03 PM)iXephyr Wrote: I'm trying to run KH2FM but get alot of lag. I have a computer capable of running Skyrim on ultra, so I have no idea why it is lagging. I looked at my settings but I don't have much technical know-how. Any help is appreciated.

Well, despite Skyrim being a CPU intensive PC game it is nowhere near so demanding on CPU as PS2 emulation (or emulation in general) is.

Being able to run it in ultra depend more on you GPU than CPU... but that's that, PCSX2 on the other hand has little demand on GPU unless going for heavy upscale or postprocessing (which are a plus but not really PS2 feature).

Now, about specific help you must start it telling what are in fact the specs of your machine. This might help telling which speedhacks to use.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-05-2014, 06:17 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Well, despite Skyrim being a CPU intensive PC game it is nowhere near so demanding on CPU as PS2 emulation (or emulation in general) is.

Being able to run it in ultra depend more on you GPU than CPU... but that's that, PCSX2 on the other hand has little demand on GPU unless going for heavy upscale or postprocessing (which are a plus but not really PS2 feature).

Now, about specific help you must start it telling what are in fact the specs of your machine. This might help telling which speedhacks to use.

How do I get my system specs?
Get this: http://www.piriform.com/speccy

It will tell you.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Actually the very emulator's log already gives the important information... but that utility linked by Bliss will give you detailed information about your system as a whole.
(05-05-2014, 06:31 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Actually the very emulator's log already gives the important information... but that utility linked by Bliss will give you detailed information about your system as a whole.

Here's the specs listed on the log your talking about;

Host Machine Init:
Operating System = Microsoft (build 9200), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 7375 MB
CPU name = AMD A10-5750M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 01)
CPU speed = 2.494 ghz (4 logical threads)
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 3e98320b
x86EFlags = 2fd3fbff

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX.. FMA
MMX2 .. SSE4a
as suspected your CPU is almost at the bare minimal to play PS2 emulated games, and may not be able to play some the most demanding at all.

Still there is some hope for KH2 but you'll have to dabble with the speedhacks, mainly EE cyclerate and VU cyclestealing. Try both at central positions, avoid going beyond it if at all possible.

The log chunk is not telling the actual GPU being used, let's hope you have a good one since the report of paying Skyrim in ultra... but while trying to get the correct speed is advisable to keep the resolution in native or 2x at max.
(05-05-2014, 06:41 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: as suspected your CPU is almost at the bare minimal to play PS2 emulated games, and may not be able to play some the most demanding at all.

Still there is some hope for KH2 but you'll have to dabble with the speedhacks, mainly EE cyclerate and VU cyclestealing. Try both at central positions, avoid going beyond it if at all possible.

The log chunk is not telling the actual GPU being used, let's hope you have a good one since the report of paying Skyrim in ultra... but while trying to get the correct speed is advisable to keep the resolution in native or 2x at max.

I fiddled the settings and I am now getting about a soild 50-60fps. Thansk for the help!