Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+ [NTSC-J]
# PCSX2 version: r5412
# CPU options: EE/IOP defaults, VUs defaults (and all combinations of settings mashed)
# Plugins used: GSdx r5334 (hardware, dx11, dx9), SPU2-X v2 rev 5403
# Description: Enabling MSAA causes heavily glitched shadows.

I'm running on Windows 7 but I won't post my specs etc (you'll understand why if you read under) since I wanted to go a step further and avoid being asked to try some common stuff.

Things tried and didn't work:

-As I point above all Clamping and VUs combinations.
-Obviously to make that report legal, but I feel like mentioning it either way twice, disabling speedhacks. (meh)
-Disabling cheats.
-Disabling Automatic Gamefixes. (I know, not a good idea but, whatever, I did for the same of being able to)
-Switching from DX9 to DX10 Hardware modes and changing Instruction sets versions.
-Setting native resolution.
-Disabling/Enabling texture filtering and all other settings in GSdX panel.
-Load the game normally without savestates.
-Updating drivers. (meh)
-Swap from Nvidia dedicated to Intel IGP.
-Try the game with MSAA enabled on a different PC with Nvidia card and Intel IGP. (heh)
-Try the same as above but this time in a PC with AMD/ATI card.
-Use the rest HW hacks that may/could fix it randomly.

It's the last thing that stops me before starting recording some videos for some project in that game, which looks like a pretty universal (non hardware or settings specific/caused) bug.

Will be glad to post any further info.

Sponsored links

TRied software mode ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Um, Software mode with a hardware related issue? The problem is MSAA... There's no MSAA in software mode.
Fine.
Moved out of bug reports, then.
(09-12-2012, 06:12 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Fine.
Moved out of bug reports, then.
OK but why? I read the "read before post" section very carefuly and everything I posted seems to be correct to be in the bug report section. It's a bug with the built in MSAA mechanic in GSdX and there is no substitute in software mode that would make that alternative even an option so it's still valid. if Bug report section is not the right place for this report to be where it's the right section? (no offence intended, I just still feel what I posted was in correct format/section)
As you said, it's a gsdx bug.
Means it's not a pcsx2 bug.
Got it ?
(09-12-2012, 06:27 AM)jesalvein Wrote: As you said, it's a gsdx bug.
Means it's not a pcsx2 bug.
Got it ?
Yes but taking a look at 85% of the bugs in the bug report section have ALL to do with a graphics error, some/most of them that got caused after a change in some GSdX revision. Examples: FF:XII messy pixels, Forbidden Siren series SPS and the list goes on. My point is that you are torn where you have to post things like this, there should be a GSdX bug report section for that, I don't argue that you're not doing correct your job as a mod it's just that it's not comfortable or easy to guess that! XD
MSAA is experimental AFAIK and is known to cause all kinds of bugs...so this is to be expected Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Well, sure, but I haven't found any game having issues with it except this one PLUS maybe I could help fixing it since (I guess) the issue when enabling it would appear in the terminal/log and could be addressed.
See that line? That's the health bar's shadow xD