Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix problem with audio
Hello Everyone, I have a problem with sound in KH2FM. Specifically it is a problem where voices in all cut scenes and to a lesser extent battles is very low in volume that it almost is silent. The background music is also louder than it should be (I Think). Sometimes it sounds like voices are grainy/distorted but I cant tell if this is actually the case all the time or not since the volume is that low and turning the volume up loud enough to hear the voices better results in the background music being to loud for living in an apartment building. I am hoping that if no one knows a fix for this then someone can point me in the right direction. For example did my Iso get corrupted and I need to remake it? I applied the English patch from Sora6645, the 2Dwidescreen (cant remeber creators handle sorry), and a HD Roxas and Sora patch from Tonk.

Thank you in advance

Sponsored links

Quote: I applied the English patch from Sora6645, the 2Dwidescreen (cant remeber creators handle sorry), and a HD Roxas and Sora patch from Tonk.
that's a bunch of mods...
what if you don't apply all those patches ?
do you get the same problem ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-08-2020, 08:07 AM)jesalvein Wrote: that's a bunch of mods...
what if you don't apply all those patches ?
do you get the same problem
I tried it with just the English patch and the problem still occurs
what without any patch ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-08-2020, 10:37 AM)jesalvein Wrote: what without any patch ?
So I remade the ISO and did not add any patches/mods. I had the same issue. I happened to notice in the console that a line/percentage keeps repeating itself. Here is a copy of it

System(017400:017400) SE(026648/038fd8: 67%) BGM(0:133: 10%,1:134: 85%)

The percentages here are very similar to what I am experiencing. Standard Sound effects like running are around that 67% mark and the background music are far louder then everything and Voices could be that 10% in the BGM line above. If it will help I can attach my log. It looks like it could be a setting problem, but I dont know where to look for it outside of the SPU2 plugin config and that does not have any setting that appears to change that.

Any Ideas? Thanks again

EDit: Update- I wanted to say thank you since your question did lead me in the right direction to fix this problem. It was a settings issue though I dont know why it happened. I have some Bose speakers connected to the computer and the game was in stereo but it was trying to play the Voice Audio from the center instead of the Left or right. I tried to configure since I was only using the Left and Right Channels but it didnt fix anything so I switched to a different playback device (speakers on my TV/Monitor) and that ended up playing the audio correct.