Kingdom Hearts 2, lag when monsters spawn
Well, its kinda new to me since i got it from a friend.. but anyways i downloaded the .9.8 from this website, but when i selected the graphic plugin which is like gsdx 4600 sse2, i don't have Direct3D11 on this one

Sponsored links

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Forum-Program <-- PCSX2 0.9.8

Ok.
Based on the changes the preset makes, I'd guess the fake FPS may be entirely the fault of VU Cycle Stealing.
It comes hand-in-hand with the presets at a certain point, but you can take control manually and keep the VU stealing at default.

Set the preset to "Balanced", then un-check the Preset box.
You could then try checking mVU Block Hack and/or increase the EE Cyclerate to 3.
See if they help without causing fake FPS.

Another change the presets would eventually make is setting the VU clamping mode to "None" (in the VU tab).
Also, you could try switching the VU1 recompiler to superVU1. It may help with speed, but may eventually encounter a compatibility issue that microVU1 would not. Just a fair warning.

Note: DirectX 10 and 11 are effectively the same with PCSX2. (Your GPU is only DX10, anyway. Wink)
Is the VU stealing default at 0 or 1?
Default is 0
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thank you, let me try it!
The EE cyclerate 3 is working okay, i don't have the fake fps and vu is at 0 but I still tend to lag when there's alot of bright things such as spawn or like Nobody, and Mu lung's snow stage. Is there a way to lower that?
Probably not, your processor is slow and it can't take the load at those scenes. I think you will just have to live with that...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Aw, well okay then i guess its good for Kingdom Hearts 2, but sadly the fps drops to like 45 for Tales of Abyss in battle
Yeah, there's only so much you can do sometimes.
Did you try the other settings I suggested at all, though? (like superVU1)

Also, the VU stealing causing fake FPS is fairly common, but different games will react differently to it.
You could try increasing it one step at a time for Tales of the Abyss (and other games).
For Kingdom Hearts 2, i did the EE cyclerate 3 along with superVU1 at the sametime, with 0 VU but i got the Block hack checked. And it's working better. What did you mean by "Another change the presets would eventually make is setting the VU clamping mode to "None" (in the VU tab)."
For Tales of Abyss when i got VU too high it crashes :'( but thanks so far i appreicate your help! Smile