Kingdom Hearts 2 missing menu/dialogue text
GeForce 9800GTX+
AMD Phenom II X3 (2.80GHz)
8GB RAM
Vista Home Premium x86
PCSX2 0.9.7.3113

Hey all, I've got a bit of a problem, I can run KH2 and the graphics are fine in GSdx 890 SSE2 (0.1.14), but the in-game menu/dialogue bubble text is missing. In ZeroGS, I can run it with the text appearing fine, but the textures sink and it's extremely bright. This occurs both with my KH2 disc and the iso I ripped from it, mounted and unmounted.

I've tried DX9 and 10 in hardware and software, all have the same effect, tried with Log-Z for DX9 and in regular and native mode with NLOOP/texture filtering off/on and still have the same effect.

I searched and searched, but all the results were for KH2 final mix translation patches or KH1/2 cheat patches, I couldn't find a single thread that referenced my problem, or I would have bumped it.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh, also, the dim/bright fixes in ZeroGS didn't help. I'd much rather use GSdx anyways since it can use DX10 and I don't like the texture sinking effects without it.

Sponsored links

Have you for some reason seated on skipdraw somenumber before?
PS: make sure gsdx.ini has this line:
UserHacks_SkipDraw=0

fix it if any other number is there.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(08-08-2010, 05:19 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Have you for some reason seated on skipdraw somenumber before?
PS: make sure gsdx.ini has this line:
UserHacks_SkipDraw=0

fix it if any other number is there.

Thank you! Thank you, thank you, thank you! That totally fixed it, it wasn't in the ini file, but I added it and I can read the text now. You're a lifesaver, man.
Wow, now I feel good Smile glad it worked.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Aw man, hate to do this to you, but it only resolves the issue if I don't pause the emulation, as soon as I do all the text goes missing again. Sad

Also, I have a new problem, after using Shutdown or closing pcsx2, and trying to load a savestate, I get a blank grey screen. No matter where, from the BVG logo, the new/load screen, or even in game. D:

I keep thinking maybe I did something because I don't see these problems anywhere else, but at the same time I know I haven't messed with any of the files. Maybe I'll try deleting PCSX2, redownloading everything and starting over from there...

EDIT: Hmm, the grey box goes away if I pause emulation sometimes, but it still leaves me with no text... so confusing.

EDIT#2: I removed 0.9.7 and installed 0.9.6, and there's no problems anymore, even when I duplicated the setting I had before. Weird, man... but oh well.