Kingdom Hearts 2, rough menus fixable?
The actual gameplay look amazing for a ps2 game(using 6x native) and I was wondering if the rough looking menus and character status bar thing can be fixed or are they scaled and rendered differently than the 3D graphics?
I have tried experimenting with lots of video settings but no luck.

example:
[Image: Tt81d.jpg]

Sponsored links

Oh and aanother problem(which doesn't occur is kingdom hearts 1) is that the O and X are flipped and the right analogue left to right movement is inverted.
If you know how to hack Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix then yeah you'll be able to change the controls internally in the game lol As for the HUD every PS2 game with teh widescreen hack has the HUD stretch. It might be possible to replace those HUD textures with higher res ones that are made for widescreen like Dolphin, but I don't think the developers care much for that.
(12-09-2012, 06:01 AM)jadentheman Wrote: If you know how to hack Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix then yeah you'll be able to change the controls internally in the game lol As for the HUD every PS2 game with teh widescreen hack has the HUD stretch. It might be possible to replace those HUD textures with higher res ones that are made for widescreen like Dolphin, but I don't think the developers care much for that.

Well how do I hack the internal control settings?
Upscaling is known to knock the text aligment out of wack on a number of games mainly RPGs like this and Final Fantasy were you get artifacts around the text like you are seeing and nothing can be done for that except to play in either native or software mode. Otherwise you are going to have to live with those text issues.
(12-09-2012, 07:35 AM)Topken Wrote: Upscaling is known to knock the text aligment out of wack on a number of games mainly RPGs like this and Final Fantasy were you get artifacts around the text like you are seeing and nothing can be done for that except to play in either native or software mode. Otherwise you are going to have to live with those text issues.

I thought as much, but I still don't know how to fix the controls problem aside from changing the controls in pcsx2 just for KH2 and I don't know how to do it with hacking like the other guy said.
You using FInal Mix version or normal NTSC-U version or normal Pal version?
(12-09-2012, 07:43 AM)shakgriig Wrote: I thought as much, but I still don't know how to fix the controls problem aside from changing the controls in pcsx2 just for KH2 and I don't know how to do it with hacking like the other guy said.

Well, that's something with how the game works, the emulator just emulate it through.

About that hacking, better thinking the poster was kidding, it just involves you finding where the game sends the gamepad signals and invert them... better starting training in using programs like cheat engine Smile

Well, I know how it is, that is the main reason I don't play PC games with a gamepad ever... unless they allow inverting the axis and even then I still prefer not using gamepad with PC games.

PS: Start "thinking" you are the personage, so when in first person you turn right is like the screen turns left... if you fixate in how the screen moves it is "more natural" but then is like "you" turn left when turning the stick right... Aircraft pilots understand this well.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(12-09-2012, 06:47 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: About that hacking, better thinking the poster was kidding, it just involves you finding where the game sends the gamepad signals and invert them... better starting training in using programs like cheat engine Smile

You can do that by an ELF hack too, making the game have exactly the same controlls as NTSC-U and PAL versions.