Kingdom Hearts 2 - slow on decent rig?
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I've been dabbling in a bit of PS2 emulation for a little bit now. I've been reading around and realize that a decent dual-core will run this thing at good speeds on the most part.

I've been getting framerates in Kingdom Hearts 2 of around 30% to 50% in battles, but I'm perfectly fine in the opening credits (over 300%) and also around 100% to 150% in some non-fmv cutscenes.

I'm running this:
Intel Core 2 Q6600 @2.4Ghz
4GB OCZ
Nvidia 8800GT

Running R1888 with all the latest GsDx.
I'm not too sure which hacks to use for the game, but I did turn on MicroVU and Status Flag Hack, since I read somewhere that it'd help Could someone help me out? maybe supply a config that they have running.

Sponsored links

You should be getting better speed for sure, can you show us your full settings? are you running the game from iso or disc?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Here they are. I'm running it off ISO.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well you can enable some other speedhacks, "x2 cycle rate", "INTC Sync Hack", "Idle Loop Fast-Forward" and "VU Cycle Stealing" set to slight or moderate couldnt hurt really, and disabling "allow 8-bit textures" might help too.

You dont happen to have some power saving software/feature active or other programs on the background running? can you check with a program like CPU-Z if the speed of the CPU is normal when running PCSX2?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-27-2009, 01:28 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Well you can enable some other speedhacks, "x2 cycle rate", "INTC Sync Hack", "Idle Loop Fast-Forward" and "VU Cycle Stealing" set to slight or moderate couldnt hurt really, and disabling "allow 8-bit textures" might help too.

You dont happen to have some power saving software/feature active or other programs on the background running? can you check with a program like CPU-Z if the speed of the CPU is normal when running PCSX2?

Ok, so it looks like my CPU was running at 1.6 instead of 2.4, after a couple BIOS tweaks I've been running at 100% for a couple mins. I'm going to play it for a bit and see if the FPS drops at all. Thanks for the help.