Kingdom Hearts Crash near game end
Hi!

I bought Kingdom Hearts and decided to play through it. It's gone VERY well so far. But I'm right near the end and I'm experiencing a crash. I think it's while donnald tries to heal me (he often seems to be calling out "SORA" when the game screen goes black).

This is the boss

Here is the boss as the game crashes on nearly no health. I'm assuming this battle has a few stages because he did get damaged very quickly and fell over. The boss doesn't always have that much HP he sometimes has more sometimes less. I think it has to do with how a spell interacts with the surroundings. Either way I'm just gonna keep trying till it beat it. I've got a savestate very nearby.

I've got no speedhacks or patches enabled.
Using GSDX10 at 4x res blend tff
lillypad
SPU is spu2-x-r3878
I copied the DVD to ISO and ran the iso in cdvdgigaherz r3429 0.8.0

EE/IOP and VU and GS are all defaults.
GS Window is set to Widescreen 16:9 (I play using my 1080p 42" TV and a xbox360 controller, its all very pretty)

Up to now the only bugs i got is like sora's chain has been seethrough his body and his eyes somtimes the iris is visible with the eyelids closed. But other than a few things like that its been very pretty..

I've really enjoyed PCSX2 - I've already completed Star Ocean: Till the end of time, and FFX Including all the dark aeons. I completed the xbox 360 version of Star Ocean after TTEOT, i forget what it was called - I gave it to a friend when I was done.. i thought it wasn't as good.

Anyway thanks for any suggestions, I've been trying to read threads for settings but some of these threads are over 200 pages now... :s

Quick reply - It crashed maybe 4 more times but i took savestates as i was going and basically just killed him slowly through loading them when it crashed and restarting PCSX2.

Sponsored links

try switching to superVU in the VUs screen
OK Done. Cheers guy
if that doesn't work, go back to your last memory card save and try again (and yes, I know the last one is a bit back)
Probably should have written back, but that seemed to solve everything. Thanks for the help saiki.
Yeah when was playing kingdom hearts final mix (which was the first game i played on the pcsx2) it also crashed at that part.

It was the only time the program crashed, i just restarted the program and everything was fine. Cool
Intel Core [email protected], GTX 460(768 MB), 8GB RAM DDR3-1333, Asus P8H61-M, Hitachi 1TB-7200 RPM, Win7Pro64

Deviant-Art Page: http://silver122.deviantart.com/
I just registered to say thank you for this fix. Changing the VU worked, I'm sure it's not the save states fault as I've been using them perfectly throughout. This freeze seems to happen when the boss uses his gigantic firestorm attack, which is too much for the emulator to render or something (just guessing). I'm quite disappointed though, the emulator was so close to a perfect playthrough until this.
Why is it always at the end of the game that the freezes occur? My PS emulator froze at the Sephiroth battle in FF7. Sad
necrobumb ftw -____-

when will people learn to read...
(04-30-2012, 07:23 AM)sky_dragon Wrote: I just registered to say thank you for this fix. Changing the VU worked, I'm sure it's not the save states fault as I've been using them perfectly throughout. This freeze seems to happen when the boss uses his gigantic firestorm attack, which is too much for the emulator to render or something (just guessing). I'm quite disappointed though, the emulator was so close to a perfect playthrough until this.
Why is it always at the end of the game that the freezes occur? My PS emulator froze at the Sephiroth battle in FF7. Sad

make a new thread man.
better close this now before more zombies has infected this thread.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel