Kingdom Hearts Final Mix + Main Menu Issue
Question 
Hey guys,

I am trying to play Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix +

The game starts fine, but I am having an issue at the main menu. I can use my D-Pad to move the cursor up/down to select New Game/Load, but can not actually choose one of these options. Pressing X or Start on my gamepad/keyboard does not work.

What makes matters more confusing is if I wait a while without making a selection and the game video starts to play, I can return to the menu by pressing X! Which tells me that my game controller is configured correctly. Also, I have configured the keyboard to be able to press X or Start as well, still to no avail.

Could you guys offer me any assistance/advice?

Sponsored links

tried pressing O instead of X ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Haha wow that was it...I'm feeling pretty goofy right about now.

Thank you!
Japanese games use the o button for everything instead of the x do not ask me why it was changed way back on the PS1 I have no idea would have to ask the industry for that but glad you got it working
(07-24-2013, 05:34 AM)Topken Wrote: Japanese games use the o button for everything instead of the x do not ask me why it was changed way back on the PS1 I have no idea would have to ask the industry for that but glad you got it working

One correction, all games used O instead of X regardless of region (and before that, A button as it was on the NES/SNES controller)

As for why it changed? Who knows... it somehow became Sony's official policy for the western world (as in, Sony made them use the button layout). Even today, the "okay" and "no way" buttons on the PS3/PSP/PSV are decided by a region's firmware and not by developers. Setting your system region (or the game's region depending on the system) to another (making no other changes) will cause the buttons to switch.

I don't think this was implemented in the PS2 where each game is programmed with button responses manually.
[Image: 2748844.png]